Keg Set Up On Ebay, Are They Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good fridge and the price is competitive. The one thing people are sure to comment on is the taps. I have a unit that appears to be the same as the one in the link although I purchased from a different seller. I can't comment on the taps. I never connected them as I used different taps that were purchased separately.

Hi, i was looking at getting a Double tap beer tap keg fridge Kegerator they sell new on ebay. Are these good setups for home brew? if anyone owns one please post comments, i am trying to decide on this or any other brands on the market, advice much appreciated, cheers http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have just got the pinnacle one, it only goes between 2 and 8 degrees. However the taps do have flow control (search for dorado taps) That is why I got that one. The fridge bit works fine but the sides get hot because the condenser is in there (not at the back like a normal fridge)

The regulator is a bit cheapy, but I use industrial ones all the time so I'm possibly not comparing it fairly.

The taps, I don't know yet as only put my first keg in thursday night (pour water fine LOL), but they seem better quality that what I have read on here lead me to believe.

G.

i got the pinnacle one about 3 months ago pretty happy with it reg is ok but cheap im using it still , taps seem to pour ok flow control helps that im pretty happy with mine said min temp 2 on the gauge but gets to 0 (im gunna fill a keg with water n put in there overnight n see what the temp of the liquid gets down to ...i like my beer ice cold)
i would recommend the pinnacle one for the price n getting started ...im gunna up grade the taps n reg later

Check out the ones at craftbrewer. There the best from what ive heard.{No Affil.}

That is the Keg King version which I have and works a treat, no problems with it whatsoever.
I suggest you check out the Keg King site range before committing to that particular sale. Even though there is $100 difference, Keg King will deliver free for orders over $200. Could pick up other things you may need at the same time and take advantage of the free post.

You will still need:
NRV/s
Co2
Disconnects
Maybe another gas valve but that depends if you want to keep gas on 3 kegs or only 2.

Craftbrewer sells decent taps if you are not happy with the ones that come with it. My taps are fine, although only cheap, but I'll go with them until they stuff up then get some from Ross.

I'm buying a kegmate (fridge only) from Ross on Wednesday as an all purpose brewing and lagering fridge as I'm so happy with my other one (the one with the 3 tap font). I've heard bad reports about the Chinese fonts and Regs that come with some of the package deals, plus I've got someone local to look after me if the unit fails. Make sure you get the 0 to 24 model, not the 2 to 8 one which is a bit restrictive for serving ales.

Thanks fellows, i might order from Kegking they claim the new model goes down to 0 deg. One more question, Is there anyone selling these systems in Sydney? if i can find locally i can pick up this week, cant wait, Cheers

Latest posts

Back