Keg pressure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickle09

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just built a keezer and am not sure about the pressure I should have the gas at. I have four 19L kegs and one 9L keg running off a 6kg gas bottle. Got good carbonation off the first keg and have since connected another and will soon be connecting all 5. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what pressure I should have the gas at and if one has bottle is enough for all 5 kegs? I read somewhere that I should have the beer at 250kpa for 48 hrs and then reduce it to 70kpa to dispense but how do I do this with 5 kegs?

My temp is set at 3.5 degrees and I'm brewing a range of ales.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers.

One 6kg bottle will be fine and last you quite a few kegs. Carbing at 250kpa for 48hrs does work if you are in a rush, but you can obviously only do this if uncarbed beer is the only ones hooked up to the gas supply, otherwise it will overcarb your other beers. I generally just set the gas at 12psi or about 83kpa and leave it for a week or two,

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. So if I leave it at 83kpa that's good enough to dispense my carbonated beers and will carbonate each additional keg in a week or 2?

Latest posts

Back