Keg Post "beer Out" Won't Screw Down!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Krout

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I got given a corny keg with and haven't been able to get the "beer out" post to screw down (with or without the poppet)
Thought there must be something wrong with the post so ...
Went to the local homebrew shop and got a replacement "beer out" post.
Same problem.

Substituted the beer out post with one from my other kegs, works fine on the keg.
Now trying this NEW beer post with my other keg and still no luck.
Now I have two beer out posts, one new and one old and neither screw down correctly.

WHAT THE!!!

Any one had problems like this before?

Cheers
BK

many different manufacturers of kegs over the years equals many different thread sizes and types , some kegs were made in the states , some in italy , germany and no doubt other places , the US would use an imperial thread while europe may use a metric one and so on ... i also have a keg im hunting a post for , and have tried a few with no luck ...

many different manufacturers of kegs over the years equals many different thread sizes and types , some kegs were made in the states , some in italy , germany and no doubt other places , the US would use an imperial thread while europe may use a metric one and so on ... i also have a keg im hunting a post for , and have tried a few with no luck ...

Thanks Barra

I solved the problem by swapping with another of my kegs. I have four. I found one that fitted.
Thanks.

Back