Keg Or Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer slayer

Reaction score
Do you think that beer tastes better keg condition, bottle condition or no difference between them?

BS

Going from the pub, on tap = better, my kegs are on order from c&c so im not really any help :)

Cant say i've noticed any significant difference.

YET!

:beer:

Richard

Beers seem to clear more quickly in a keg. This can help remove any 'grainy' tastes if they are apparent, and of course improves presentation.

Apart from that, not much in it.

I think the kegs make for a cleaner / milder tasting beer, while the bottle has a fuller flavour. But the extra work of botteling I'll never bottle again.

New to kegging - my observations: Bottle beer tastes a little sweet and flat if drunk too early, but really improves and changes with age and carbonation increases with time. Kegged beer kept for a week in the fridge then force carbed and left for another day is good to drink at that point. Head and carbonation are better, after some experience with pressure setting and balancing the system. My taste buds prefer Co2 over natural carbonation

Latest posts

Back