Keg O-rings-where To Get And What Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beau jasnos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just pulled apart my ball lock kegs and it looks like i'll be needing to replace the o-rings on all tubes (if that makes sense) as they have pretty much been shredded.

Does anyone know where i can get these and what size i'll need? I'm hoping that i can find a suitable replacement at a hardware store as the LHBS is a bit far out of the way for a few o-rings.

Cheers.

Seals aren't that expensive, support your local if they support you

Thanks for the replys guys, but i kinda need them for the weekend. i'm really hanging my hopes on there being something suitable at bunnings or the like.

Cheers

Thanks for the replys guys, but i kinda need them for the weekend. i'm really hanging my hopes on there being something suitable at bunnings or the like.

Cheers

Get a full o-ring set. They cost about $40 or so, for hundreds of the bloody things in many sizes. Come in food grade too. Just take an old dead one with you and size them up, or ask the staff if they have some digital calipers around to measure with. Be sure to grease them up though, a dry o-ring will only last so long.

Yes you can use hardware store o-rings. Can not help with the metric conversion. You need 2 each of 7/16" I.D. 3/32" wall and 5/16" I.D. 3/32" wall. I have never found lid o-rings other then commercial suppliers or the brew shop.

As above, dip tube o rings are 5/16" or 8mm ID and 3/32" or 2.4mm wall.

Even though yours may be a sort of square section, a normal round section will work.

Take them to your nearest bearing dealer.

They will measure and get the right size for you. Last time i went they cost 0.02c each. Grab a couple of hundred as you will need them over the years.

cheers

tnd

They will measure and get the right size for you. Last time i went they cost 0.02c each. Grab a couple of hundred as you will need them over the years.

cheers

tnd

Where did you go for that Darren?

bearings near Adelaide SA
transparent.png
transparent.png
</IMG> Gardner Bearings
transparent.png
82 Daws Road, Edwardstown SA 5039 (08) 8271 8340 ()

I think this was the place. Daws road anyhow

cheers

tnd

Hey guys,

Just pulled apart my ball lock kegs and it looks like i'll be needing to replace the o-rings on all tubes (if that makes sense) as they have pretty much been shredded.

Does anyone know where i can get these and what size i'll need? I'm hoping that i can find a suitable replacement at a hardware store as the LHBS is a bit far out of the way for a few o-rings.

Cheers.

Whereabouts are you?

I've got plenty of all the o-rings except for the big one.

If you are in Melbourne and near Oakleigh give me a yell.

Mr W

cheers

tnd

You going to do that this may make it easier for them.

Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 109
Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 111
Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 417 (this is the lid ring)

Back