Keg Mate - Adapting For More Taps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougsbrew

Beer Sloth
Reaction score
hi there, just came into possesion of a kegmate fridge which has a round stainless post
with just the one hole in the top for one beer tap. i want to put 2 beer taps on it.
anyone done this mod without replacing post, ie cutting the top out wider?

There's 3 important steps you need to follow to upgrade your kegmate.

1. Find the search link up the top
2. Type in "kegmate" and "upgrade"
3. Click "GO"

thanks for that warm beer, now try reading my post again - anyone done this mod without replacing post, ie cutting the top out wider? - and yes i did use the search function.

thanks for that warm beer, now try reading my post again - anyone done this mod without replacing post, ie cutting the top out wider? - and yes i did use the search function.
:ph34r: Whoops :ph34r:

Okay, I'll take that one on the chin. Was hung-over and not reading too gooderer.

I've just (as in last week) upgraded my Keg King Kegerator from a 2 tap font to a 3 tap font. I don't know anything specific about the Kegmate, but image they're a very similar design to the KK ones, if they're like this one from Craftbrewer.

I bought a new chrome font, pre-drilled with the 3 holes, and replaced the old font. Is it the font you're wanting to expand upon, or are concerned about cutting into the top of the fridge unit? I think the single tap fonts are a smaller diameter than the 2/3 tap ones. It was still pretty fiddly in there with the larger diameter font, and I ended up only being able to hand-tighten the lower 2 shanks, as I didn't have a 27mm ring spanner handy.

Hope this helps, and apologies for the grumpiness yesterday.

Latest posts

Back