Keg Master Series 3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukec

Reaction score
Does anyone have any hints or tips on setting up a keg master, I received mine today.Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any hints or tips on setting up a keg master, I received mine today.Any help would be appreciated.

What specifically do you want to know? Are you new to brewing, new to kegging?

What specifically do you want to know? Are you new to brewing, new to kegging?

New to kegging, Mainly gas pressure for serving and whether bulk priming or force carbing is the go.

Force carb is the ONLY way....

depends on the style of beer, but I just hook it on at about 250 and leave it for 24 hours.

A bit higher for Hefs etc...

Gas pressure for serving depends on the desired carb level and the temperature your beer is stored at.
As an example, I serve at 80 kPa @ 3 degrees.
There is an article in the article section on top of the page called 'balancing a draught system' which I recommend you to read.

As for carbing, as you are starting out there are two fool proof ways of doing it:

1) stick your keg in the fridge at serving pressure for a week
2) Do as King Brown said, stick the keg in the fridge at 250 kPa (I do 300) for 24 hours, then close your gas bottle at the top, pull the pressure relief valve on your keg to release the pressure in the head space, dial your reg back to serving pressure and open your gas bottle again.

You can also try the so called Ross method, but whenever I do that I shake either to much or too long and end up with over carbed beer, so I stick to option 2) now.

EDIT: Try typing a), B), c), d) etc. on this forum, you always end up with bloody B). Taken numbers instead.

Force carb is the ONLY way....

depends on the style of beer, but I just hook it on at about 250 and leave it for 24 hours.

A bit higher for Hefs etc...

+1

I am new to kegging as well and this worked a treat.... I couldn't wait a full week for serving pressure to carb the keg and wasn't keen to try the Ross method straight up but 275 for 24 hours, release the excess gas (after gas hose pulled off) then reconnect at regular serving pressure (80-100) and wolla - Keg Gassed!

I also got the Perlick Flow Control taps so no issues with Beer line length for this little Kegger! Just adjust on the fly :D

ps... get cracking on more brews because it is amazing how easy it is to convince yourself that you "need" another glass or two once you have kegs! B)

+1

I am new to kegging as well and this worked a treat.... I couldn't wait a full week for serving pressure to carb the keg and wasn't keen to try the Ross method straight up but 275 for 24 hours, release the excess gas (after gas hose pulled off) then reconnect at regular serving pressure (80-100) and wolla - Keg Gassed!

I also got the Perlick Flow Control taps so no issues with Beer line length for this little Kegger! Just adjust on the fly :D

ps... get cracking on more brews because it is amazing how easy it is to convince yourself that you "need" another glass or two once you have kegs! B)

Careful mate.... you're starting to get into the danger zone.......... hint of the day, make sure mummy likes your beer.......problem solved and the increased chance of sex.

Gas pressure for serving depends on the desired carb level and the temperature your beer is stored at.
As an example, I serve at 80 kPa @ 3 degrees.
There is an article in the article section on top of the page called 'balancing a draught system' which I recommend you to read.

As for carbing, as you are starting out there are two fool proof ways of doing it:

1) stick your keg in the fridge at serving pressure for a week
2) Do as King Brown said, stick the keg in the fridge at 250 kPa (I do 300) for 24 hours, then close your gas bottle at the top, pull the pressure relief valve on your keg to release the pressure in the head space, dial your reg back to serving pressure and open your gas bottle again.

You can also try the so called Ross method, but whenever I do that I shake either to much or too long and end up with over carbed beer, so I stick to option 2) now.

EDIT: Try typing a), B), c), d) etc. on this forum, you always end up with bloody B). Taken numbers instead.

Hey Florian, can wrap them in code tags if you like to get alpha listing

Code:
a)

b)

c)

d)

Or, if you turn off emoticons in the post options it will ignore all that

dial up 220 on the reg and rock the keg back and forth around 90 times wait about 2 hours and pull a beer...but sometimes i just cant wait.i do cold condition so its not green beer just fresh.

Back