Keg line cleaning - pin lock disconnets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H@wkeye!

Reaction score
Hi all

I recently completed a keganator setup. Works beaut. I need to sort out how to clean the lines easily and cheaply. Concluded that the carbonating cap would be ideal. Problem is, i have pin lock kegs and have not been able to find much in the form of pin lock caps. Only ball lock, with is not much use to me presently. Now thinking i may have to instead build a hand pump system with pin lock adaptor. However, even finding this adaptor is proving difficult.

Any suggestions? I'll really like a carb cap pin lock, as i see that as having many other uses. Do they make one? Anyone know where i can get one if so? If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance. Think in the future i'll convert all my locks to ball locks, they seem so much better supported. This isn't an option just yet though.

Hawk

Pinlock = Taylor turret bayonet

Ball lock = Taylor turret ball lock.

Taylor's catalogue should sort you out. Double check the threads, different types of "Corny" kegs used different thread standards.

Why do you need one for cleaning lines? Just put your cleaning solution in an empty keg and run it through your lines!
Have I read this wrong?

Lethaldog said:
Why do you need one for cleaning lines? Just put your cleaning solution in an empty keg and run it through your lines!
Yep, that's the simplest way.
I use pin-locks and just put about 2 litres of cleaning solution in an empty keg, pressurize it, and run it through the lines.
I used to use my CO2 bottle to pressurize the keg, but now I use a spare gas connector with a foot or so of hose attached and pump it up with my air compressor. No fancy attachments/valves etc. I just use a blower attachment on the compressor and hold my thumb over the end of the hose while I remove the connector from the keg.
I don't like wasting CO2.

Hrm that is an option.

Would like to do it without waste CO2, but that'll have to wait. Also want the flexability a carbon cap offers so i can take the beer places from the keg.

Hawk

I've got a carbon cap that I barely use if ever, best way I've found is to have the beer in the keg carbed up, lower pouring pressure and just fill what ever you want, I generally fill stubbies ( which is why I'm so excited about these mini keg/growlers[emoji3]) any carbonation loss is very minimal if any!

Sounds like you want the cap, which is cool.

If you want to clean your lines cheaply, get a pressure sprayer, and put a bit of silicon hose between it and the tap. Press the pinlock valve thingy, pump some cleaner through. Let it sit for a bit, then do the same with water to flush.

Bout $15 investment.

Latest posts

Back