Keg lid pressure relief valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewkid

Reaction score
I have an odd keg lid with a faulty relief valve, i have replaced the valves on my other kegs (plastic screw in type) and have asked a couple of homebrew stores in the area and they cant help?

Am i up for a new lid or is there hope out there?

Dont know what happened there, i swear i attached the pic.......

rps20160906_063552.jpg

That type of valve is taken off with a spanner. Suggest not operating as it is "dirty" inside
and not sealing properly.

Yes it does unscrew, i have taken it apart the other day, its all clean, it just doesn't go in enough to seal properly as if its too short to reach the seat.

It looks like the original valve may have been replaced with the current valve. Have a look at some of the online stores that sell keg parts.

Keg King in Melbourne unless it's from one of those squat 23L ones that were brought into the country from China, in which case, the lid is OS and you'll need to contact Morgans Brewing in Brisbane who were the distributor.

homebrewkid said:
Dont know what happened there, i swear i attached the pic.......
I got a keg with the same lid, it's just "different" as far as I can tell. But no, the normal plastic PRV don't fit in, they're completely different. I'll probably just be replacing that lid, instead of the valve, when I get around to it, will be easier (and probably cheaper)

Back