Keg Leeking! Help Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvbeer

Reaction score
Hi all
l i have just purchased a corny keg off aussie home brewer and when i connect the beer out post to my beer line the post is leeking!!! Any ideas what i need to replace? Any info would help.

cheers

There are some seals under the dip tubes under the posts, replace those first. Probably all it is. A seal kit is about $5.

Where exactly is your all grain keg leaking? Is it on the bottom of the post? In that case just tightening the post with the appropriate spanner might already do the trick. Another option is an old or missing dip tube o-ring.

Is it leaking out of the disconnect? Is it not properly attached?

A bit more info and I'm sure someone will be able to help pretty quickly.

If it is happening when you connect your beer line then it would either be the O-ring on the post or it could be your quick disconnect.

Where exactly is your all grain keg leaking? Is it on the bottom of the post? In that case just tightening the post with the appropriate spanner might already do the trick. Another option is an old or missing dip tube o-ring.

Is it leaking out of the disconnect? Is it not properly attached?

A bit more info and I'm sure someone will be able to help pretty quickly.

it's leeking from the top of the post. At closer inspection it looks as if the o ring on the ball lock post ic worn. Could that be it?

The O ring on the dip tube seems new though the o ring on the post is less than flush with the post itself. New post or can you buy o rings for the post?
I know the kegs are used though i thought they would be able to function for a while :angry:

If it is happening when you connect your beer line then it would either be the O-ring on the post or it could be your quick disconnect.

Love the Dime pic by the way!!!! :beerbang:

You can buy the O rings for the post. You do mean it is coming out when you put the disconnect on right or is it coming out from the poppet valve on top? either way you can get an O ring from most HBS or from who ever you usually buy from.

You can buy the O rings for the post. You do mean it is coming out when you put the disconnect on right or is it coming out from the poppet valve on top? either way you can get an O ring from most HBS or from who ever you usually buy from.

It only comes out when you connect the line. It seem to hold pressure fine.

The O ring on the dip tube seems new though the o ring on the post is less than flush with the post itself. New post or can you buy o rings for the post?
I know the kegs are used though i thought they would be able to function for a while :angry:

http://www.kegking.com.au/ here in Melb sells the O-rings , I am sure your local brew shop should stock them. :)

005236 – Post O-ring $0.29
005243 – Dip Tube O-ring $0.29

I replace all the seals on any Secondhand kegs I get. They may have been in service as a soda keg for years without being changed.

In the earlier days when I didn't know much about prices my LHBS charged me $19.00 for 2 keg seal kits!! <_<

You need some keg lube. I pull all the seals apart and sterilise and wash every time then lube them up. Doesn't cost much for piece of mind. New seals of course as soon as I buy a new keg. You know what they are like then

Latest posts

Back