• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Keg King Taps And Gas Splitters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givemeamash

Reaction score
Just wanting to know if anyone has had experience with either the Keg King gas splitters (the type that push into each other) or either their flow restricter taps or their pelick style taps. Everything seems well priced however I am acutely aware that quality costs, but quality lasts. Just checking to see who has experience with this gear and how satisfied they are. LT

Just wanting to know if anyone has had experience with either the Keg King gas splitters (the type that push into each other) or either their flow restricter taps or their pelick style taps. Everything seems well priced however I am acutely aware that quality costs, but quality lasts. Just checking to see who has experience with this gear and how satisfied they are. LT
I have the same gas splitters that KK sell
they're pretty good, but you need to be careful with them as they can break easily
I banged something on mine and now think they're leaking
someone posted a pic a while ago where they'd secured the gas splitters to the inside of the fridge by laying some spare gas line over top and screwing it down to the wall of the fridge
If you put them under the fridge light or somewhere they aren't likely to get bumped, they'd be unlikely to get broken

I wouldn't touch that shit. Buy some decent line and decent fittings and have many good years trouble free.

QldKev

I wouldn't touch that shit. Buy some decent line and decent fittings and have many good years trouble free.

QldKev

+1

I've got them, they're fine... just make sure you cut your lines square before inserting, and then spray with soapy water to check for leaks.

Mind you, I only got mine as they came with the Kegerator, I would most likely purchase John Guest for the extra dollar or two, if I were starting from scratch.

Do you mean these things? If so, then I think they're fine - no problems here - just used flow bend clips to secure a 4 line manifold to the kegerator wall.
They're John Guest, and everything else between the keg and tap is plastic. If you mean something else, then I dunno.

96830640.jpg

Do you mean these things? If so, then I think they're fine - no problems here - just used flow bend clips to secure a 4 line manifold to the kegerator wall.
They're John Guest, and everything else between the keg and tap is plastic. If you mean something else, then I dunno.

96830640.jpg

I have the same ones, not sure they actually are John Guest, only JG "style". Took a bit of work getting sealed and testing for leaks on the initial setup, but mine have been fine for a year and a half or so. All very well for people to say only buy the best but in some cases (not all I know), the cheaper option can get the job done perfectly well.

I have the same ones, not sure they actually are John Guest, only JG "style". Took a bit of work getting sealed and testing for leaks on the initial setup, but mine have been fine for a year and a half or so. All very well for people to say only buy the best but in some cases (not all I know), the cheaper option can get the job done perfectly well.

Very true Ash, and I possibly had no right to even comment as I have never had these type of fittings. I have heard that there has been issues with them leaking, and the cost of C02 could make buying the more expensive types economical in the long run.

I'll leave the comments to those who own and use them, as I should have done in the first place. ;)

Batz

I've said this before.
The cheap Chinese JG knock-off push-in fittings are absolute rubbish. If you don't mind blowing a bottle of CO2 a day due to leaks, go for it.

Those are the ones. Thanks for the replies, will spend the extra and do it all properly I think.

Latest posts

Back