Keg King S/Steel Uni tank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we were in there around 1.45pm. Yuri did say they were working on a way to pressure ferment so maybe it’s a drum clamp of some type?

So you think the Guten is worth the wait then? I was almost sold on the fermentasaurus? What about buying the older type Guten he has there? Other than the 1/2 inch sized dump valve it’s the same as the new one from what Yuri said.
Dump valve is 3/4 " on the new, if you are not putting all the trub from the boil in the fermenter the dump valve isn't much use. Two of the toggle clamps on the one in the showroom need a bit of attention, and the holes in the top for the cooling unit are a bit big, some washers could cover them. On the other hand it isn't long to wait.

Yeah true I suppose I can wait six weeks. Lol.

Why did they remove the chilling/heating coils from the lid? I would think they would work quite well.

Yeah true I suppose I can wait six weeks. Lol.

Why did they remove the chilling/heating coils from the lid? I would think they would work quite well.
You could have them if you wanted them they go with that unit but you will need a glycol chiller. The fermenting fridge that citizenships is giving away would be ideal, you could then get 2 fermenters in that one.

How do the cooling coils go if you run warm water through them in winter and chilled water in summer instead of needing a glycol unit?
I was thinking of using a bucket with an aquarium heater or even a fermenter with a heat pad, a brown pump and have it switch the pump and heater on at the same time with an stc. To chill do the same but use a bucket in a fridge that switches on and off with an stc.

I’ve actually got 2 fermenting fridges but was just curious about setting up this coil and if it would be worth doing or not.

How do the cooling coils go if you run warm water through them in winter and chilled water in summer instead of needing a glycol unit?
I was thinking of using a bucket with an aquarium heater or even a fermenter with a heat pad, a brown pump and have it switch the pump and heater on at the same time with an stc. To chill do the same but use a bucket in a fridge that switches on and off with an stc.

I’ve actually got 2 fermenting fridges but was just curious about setting up this coil and if it would be worth doing or not.
Why complicate matters by buying something with 2 dodgy toggle clamps and trying to cobble some thing up with aquarium heater, little brown pumps,buckets in fridges and an stc. I have all but carved my name on that solitary unit if it doesn't get sold before the new stock arrives.;)

Why complicate matters by buying something with 2 dodgy toggle clamps and trying to cobble some thing up with aquarium heater, little brown pumps,buckets in fridges and an stc. I have all but carved my name on that solitary unit if it doesn't get sold before the new stock arrives.;)
Lol. Hang on if you were interested in it you would ha e already brought it when you were there the other day.
If I did buy it I would put it in my fermenting fridge. I was just thinking down the track if I wanted to have 3 fermenters on the go, how successful it would work with brown pump and chilled/heated water running through the coil.

Lol. Hang on if you were interested in it you would ha e already brought it when you were there the other day.
If I did buy it I would put it in my fermenting fridge. I was just thinking down the track if I wanted to have 3 fermenters on the go, how successful it would work with brown pump and chilled/heated water running through the coil.
I did want it, I wanted it so bad it hurt, but if I had taken it then and there I would have had to pay full price. And to be fair there would be many prospective punters wanting to view the merchandise. Look if you want two or three fermenters I would hope you could get a better deal.

I did want it, I wanted it so bad it hurt, but if I had taken it then and there I would have had to pay full price. And to be fair there would be many prospective punters wanting to view the merchandise. Look if you want two or three fermenters I would hope you could get a better deal.
I probably would have taken it if it was being offered cheaper but Yuri said it was the same price. Besides that I had the missus with me and she thinks home brewing is the cheapest hobby around. I didn’t want to give the game up and spoil it for thousands of other brewers by letting her see how much I was really paying for stainless bling. :bigcheers:

One of the best things about home brewing is the savings, I don't buy any commercial beer apart from nights out, Dan Murphy is a place I do not dwell. Retailers have been warned of tough times ahead, but a retailer offering wares which can save a considerable amount of 'hard earned' should surely not worry, same goes for the spouses / partners of those of us saving money by brewing our own.
Rumpole of the barley rests his case.

One of the best things about home brewing is the savings, I don't buy any commercial beer apart from nights out, Dan Murphy is a place I do not dwell. Retailers have been warned of tough times ahead, but a retailer offering wares which can save a considerable amount of 'hard earned' should surely not worry, same goes for the spouses / partners of those of us saving money by brewing our own.
Rumpole of the barley rests his case.
Yes I fully agree. I was joking about the missus. She knows what I spend on HB gear. And we do still often go to micros on the weekend for lunch and a few beers.

Well I pre ordered mine! Can’t wait! My fermentation is the right size, like I said previously - I mainly want it to harvest the yeast! Good idea re little G clamps WEAL. Might try that on my Mangrove Jacks fermenter!

Well I pre ordered mine! Can’t wait! My fermentation is the right size, like I said previously - I mainly want it to harvest the yeast! Good idea re little G clamps WEAL. Might try that on my Mangrove Jacks fermenter!
Before you fork out on 'G' clamps, just try the toggles first, what I noticed on the display model was two of the toggle clamps weren't sitting right, I was just going to crimp them in a bit so they could apply more pressure. Unfortunately the display model wasn't in sight last time I went in, could be Truman42 went and out bid me for it.;)

Before you fork out on 'G' clamps, just try the toggles first, what I noticed on the display model was two of the toggle clamps weren't sitting right, I was just going to crimp them in a bit so they could apply more pressure. Unfortunately the display model wasn't in sight last time I went in, could be Truman42 went and out bid me for it.;)
Yeah thanks for that WEAL, I was thinking more about my MJ fermenter ;) I did put some silicon under the clamps but it still leaks time for a new seal I think. Can’t wait for the new one though!
Cheers

I have pre ordered, paid for & also getting them (2 of them) delivered (at a reasonable price)
Now for the waiting

As for the clamps, as WEAL suggested try them first, if they don’t seal the lid maybe some plastic spacers (that they use in the construction industry, I’ve seen them in Bunnings). These come in various thicknesses from about 3mm to 20 mm

No, when they told me it was taken I lashed out and brought a Brewtech Chronical instead.

Nice one was it the Brewtech Chronical BME one ?
What size did you go for ?
How much pressure does it hold ?
Sorry for questions just jealous thats all

Received my 2 Guten S/S fermenters, must say the quality is excellent for the price, the best part is I can fit the both in my fridge at the same time. I can see how it would be easy to get them to hold pressure.If one wanted to.
My wife bought them for me for fathers day on condition she can turn my snubbies into terrariums. :(

That’s brilliant mate - I certainly plan to buy another!
Someone mentioned they were only a copy and the trub would be hard to get out of that outlet - but I had no problems!

I don't know what they are a copy of? A conical fermenter is just that, they are all basically similar.
Anyway well pleased with them, and happy I can ferment 2 batches at the same time.

SSbrew tech I think. Anyway who cares?
Like you said “I’m well pleased”.
That pleased in fact that I’m looking at building a bigger fermentation chamber!
Anyway good luck with them Reg!

Back