Keg King S/Steel Uni tank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reckon you’d be able to attach a gas post easily through the hole for the airlock?

Not interested in pressure fermenting but want to be able to do oxygen-free transfers...

The fermentasaurus bottom dump valve absolutely sucks.
This looks worse to me.

The unit as a whole looks pretty good otherwise

Is it stackable like the Ss brew buckets ?
Pretty sure they can, I was worried about the top being larger than the base ( the whole unit is tapered) but the centre of gravity would be throgh the cone making them un
The fermentasaurus bottom dump valve absolutely sucks.
This looks worse to me.

The unit as a whole looks pretty good otherwise
It is good value for money, the dump valve wouldn't be an issue if the user keeps the break material out fo the fermenter, that is the main use of the dump valve.

Hey guys
I picked up two yesterday
Yep they are stackable, The guy in KK siad he was asking the manufacturers about pressure rating
I'm fairly new at this fdsaasdf so don't take this the wrong way but why would you want to know if the ball valve was removable? Would that be an advantage/disadvantage
I don't think they are btw

Got mine delivered on Monday. The threaded valves are removable. Makes for better cleaning and sanitising.
Pretty stoked with it. Solid piece of kit - no visible welds and was much easier to clean than the blue bucket I was using. Looking forward to filling it with some wort n yeast!!

Are these available at KK now? I thought they werent getting any for at least a month??

They sold out pretty quick
Great value for money
I added a gas post to my lid last night and tested a pressure transfer with starsan to a keg
Worked a treat
Guten.jpg

why would you want to know if the ball valve was removable? Would that be an advantage/disadvantage
I don't think they are btw

Removable would be good for two reasons:
1) for cleaning/soaking;
2) (this actually invalidates #1) so that you could take what will likely be a standard one piece ball valve off and replace it with either a three piece ball valve or butterfly valve, which are much more sanitary and easy to clean properly

Apparently they are getting in a few hundred more around mid June.

What’s the warranty on these?
Three years but I am sure the life span will be far longer, will outlast the PET models, though in saying that the new fermentasuri are looking real good with a 60 litre being added to the stable, some well thought out improvements on the original.

So KK won’t have anymore in for 6 weeks they told me today. They had one left of the older type with the 1/2 inch dump valve and the. Chiller coil built into the lid.
I considered buying it but the guy there said he prefers his fermentasaurus and says they are great.

So which fermenter would you pick and why.. the guten or the fermentasaurus?

So KK won’t have anymore in for 6 weeks they told me today. They had one left of the older type with the 1/2 inch dump valve and the. Chiller coil built into the lid.
I considered buying it but the guy there said he prefers his fermentasaurus and says they are great.

So which fermenter would you pick and why.. the guten or the fermentasaurus?
The stainless Guten will last far longer, and fits in a fridge, Snubnose could get 3 three for $10 more,
Fermentasaurus proper fridge space a problem and when the new one comes out you will end up buying the adapters to modify one you get now.
If I was buying now I would wait till the end of July for the Guten, comes with a racking arm and draw off tap and if you wanted to pressure ferment half a dozen little G clamps from Bunnings I would think hold the pressure, or even better there might be somewhere to buy a drum clamp ring the right diameter.
What time was you in there? I went in for a m/f 1/2" elbow and 2 people came in asking about the Guten Fermenter, that was around lunch time.

The stainless Guten will last far longer, and fits in a fridge, Snubnose could get 3 three for $10 more,
Fermentasaurus proper fridge space a problem and when the new one comes out you will end up buying the adapters to modify one you get now.
If I was buying now I would wait till the end of July for the Guten, comes with a racking arm and draw off tap and if you wanted to pressure ferment half a dozen little G clamps from Bunnings I would think hold the pressure, or even better there might be somewhere to buy a drum clamp ring the right diameter.
What time was you in there? I went in for a m/f 1/2" elbow and 2 people came in asking about the Guten Fermenter, that was around lunch time.

Yeah we were in there around 1.45pm. Yuri did say they were working on a way to pressure ferment so maybe it’s a drum clamp of some type?

So you think the Guten is worth the wait then? I was almost sold on the fermentasaurus? What about buying the older type Guten he has there? Other than the 1/2 inch sized dump valve it’s the same as the new one from what Yuri said.

Back