Keg King ROBOBREW 35L SINGLE VESSEL BREWERY

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only missing a pump and has an immersion chiller, compared to the grainfather.

But the price is pretty spot on. If i didnt have a DIY 1V or urn I would go for this.

how would it maintain the mash temperature though if it doesn't recirculate the wort and has no insulation? wouldn't it be hot on the bottom and cold on the top?

Coodgee said:
how would it maintain the mash temperature though if it doesn't recirculate the wort and has no insulation? wouldn't it be hot on the bottom and cold on the top?
Because the malt is inside the malt pipe surrounded by water?

the thing that gets me about these, and no offense intended.. is the limiting size of the damn things.. theyre feckin tiny!!

I NEED to get 75L minimum from a brewday, 100 is better..

lucky I like to tinker and build shit is all I can say..

Looks like a good alternative though, we really are spoiled for choice these days :icon_chickcheers:

I've ordered one of these to have a play with. I reckon I could turn it into something very similar to a grainfather without too much trouble.
pretty good price for what you get, just have to wait and see when it turns up

Add the $79 pump and some hosing and you will have a Grainfather essentially. Look to be reasonable.

yeah I've already got the pump from my current 1v setup. I'm just going to grab some ss tube for the sparge arm and then I've just got to sort out the overflow. easiest thing to do would be cut a couple of half inch holes in the top of the malt basket and use a bag. that's what I've done with my current setup but I was thinking this one I might go for a telescoping pipe like the grain father

+1 for the size thing. I've outgrown my 40L urn and looking for something like this but around 80L+

The first thing the fella says is that this is the first of a few they are bringing out. I guess there will also be a bigger size or two. Possibly a deluxe model

That price is attractive. $700 less than the grainfather and the only thing missing seems to be a pump. Of course there could be some big differences in build quality, durability etc.

If someone gets one of these, I would be very appreciative of a review.

Bought one today ($449). Plan to use it as the vessel to move from from extract to all grain. As a means of cleaning, put it through some basic steps, 40C, 50C, 65C, 75c and boil. All temps same as my two other thermometers. Appeared to reach temperature quickly, although not timed Feels sturdy enough, only drawback is reading the temperature gauge at floor level.

Advised that the other new models includes one with a pump. i will buy a pump one later if required. Also advised new video should be out soon.
Cheers and heres to starting all grain (albiet after i use the robobrew for my next two extract which l have already purchased).
Elz

Not sure about lifting 5 or 6kg of wet grain up in the basket and trying to get that trivet thing underneath by yourself.

i'll stick to the grainfather. but I can see a lot of people going for the price point. heaaappps cheaper.

pcmfisher said:
Not sure about lifting 5 or 6kg of wet grain up in the basket and trying to get that trivet thing underneath by yourself.
Nearly everyone here could lift an esky full of Ice and Beer, but mention wet grain and everyone seems to go to water!
Biceps FTW!

Cheers,
D80

Looked at it today when i was down there. Seems reasonable, although the trivet would be a little fiddly with how the legs on it work. Would be easily replaceable with a IKEA stainless trivet though.

Oh yeah, it feels tiny.

takai said:
Looked at it today when i was down there. Seems reasonable, although the trivet would be a little fiddly with how the legs on it work. Would be easily replaceable with a IKEA stainless trivet though.

Oh yeah, it feels tiny.
Is there any day that you're not "down there"?

Latest posts

Back