Keg King Regulator Issue

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tredog

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am about to set up a kegerator and had purchased a keg king regulator that I was going to use for aquarium purposes but never ended up using it. (three years ago)

Now that I'm about ready to enter kegging, I dragged It out. The only thing that I'm unsure on is the barb and nut arrangement. It seems to be a situation of metal on metal with no washer in between.

I am paranoid it won't seal!

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Tae.

photo.JPG

Hi All,

I am about to set up a kegerator and had purchased a keg king regulator that I was going to use for aquarium purposes but never ended up using it. (three years ago)

Now that I'm about ready to enter kegging, I dragged It out. The only thing that I'm unsure on is the barb and nut arrangement. It seems to be a situation of metal on metal with no washer in between.

I am paranoid it won't seal!

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Tae.
looks like a tapered fitting inside like a flare so it should seal ok, 45kg gas bottles don't use seals either.
mix up some detergent and spray around the fitting when pressurized to put your mind at rest. :icon_cheers:

Not sure about the fitting, but I though aquarium regs were flow rated, beer regs are pressure rated.

QldKev

Not sure about the fitting, but I though aquarium regs were flow rated, beer regs are pressure rated.

QldKev
yep.
but i don't think his reg is an aquarium type if it's got keg king on it , i think you can use a beer reg on an aquarium but not the other way around or you would have a pour pressure of 7000 kpa :blink: :lol: (i may have known someone who may have tried this alledgedly :ph34r:

It is a beer regulator from keg king so no problems there and yes a beer reg can work for an aquarium set up.

Hoping the thing will seal!

Thanks for the replies.

Back