Keg King Pouring Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendandrage

Reaction score
Hi all,I had some mates over last night for a few ales and a bbq and i noticed that when a beer was being poured the intial flow was good followed by a burst of froth then settled back down and poured fine?
It is happening in both taps and every pour?
Any ideas on how i can fix this?
Brendan

Check the seal at the top of your pick up tube. You may have co2 leaking in there and causing pockets in you're beer lines.

....more likely the 4m of line fitted to most KK fonts to get them to pour. The CO2 will come out of solution in the line & trap itself at the top of each coil. As you pour the trapped CO2 causes spurts of frothing.
Unfortunately you need to put up with it or upgrade to a font & taps that don't require ridiculously long line to balance them.

Cheers Ross

i reckon it's just some CO2 coming out of solution & putting small pockets of gas in your beer line. Can be minimised by arranging your beer lines so the tap is at the highest point, & that there are no loops in the line for the gas pockets to settle in.
With the taps at the highest point, any gas that does come out of the beer will settle there, & be poured out at the very beginning of the pour & not halfway through...

edit- doh, ross beat me to it.

....more likely the 4m of line fitted to most KK fonts to get them to pour. The CO2 will come out of solution in the line & trap itself at the top of each coil. As you pour the trapped CO2 causes spurts of frothing.
Unfortunately you need to put up with it or upgrade to a font & taps that don't require ridiculously long line to balance them.

Cheers Ross

Ross you are the Yoda of the beer world. I salute you.

Cheers Ross

Hey Ross, what would you recommend that is suitable for the dual tap Keg King Kegerator?

Latest posts

Back