Keg King plumbing fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thuperman

Reaction score
I've been pricing up a 1V recirc build and comparing costs from different sites.

Most sites have the total between $450 and $500.

Then I checked the KK site and they came in just under $300. It's basically the same as eBay (2014online) prices.

Has anyone used KK plumbing fittings (ball valves, elbows, tees, threaded pipe, camlocks, etc)?
How's the quality?
Does anyone think another seller would have better quality parts and be worth the extra expense?

Cheers!

thuperman said:
I've been pricing up a 1V recirc build and comparing costs from different sites.

Most sites have the total between $450 and $500.

Then I checked the KK site and they came in just under $300. It's basically the same as eBay (2014online) prices.

Has anyone used KK plumbing fittings (ball valves, elbows, tees, threaded pipe, camlocks, etc)?
How's the quality?
You should be fine with the examples quoted.

Most of KK's equipment is fine for the home brew scenario.

I tend not to use KK in my install work, as I have had issues with mild steel ball bearings in their stainless snaplock (Kinglock?) adaptors which have rusted. Have also had issues with founts that leak.

I use their ss fittings and ball valves with no issue. Ball valve is frequently exposed to heat & occasional flame when I use my gas fired keggle.

My HBS stocks both quality stuff like Anvil as well as KK chinese stuff.

I went with the KK stuff as it was A LOT cheaper and it seems to work well. Some Anvil fittings where $40 while the generic stuff was $5 for a very similar looking product. I have done about 6 batches on my single vessel rig now and no issues.

I have a female camlock that attaches to my drain hose. On the pot, I fitted a male camlock that screwed into the ball lock valve. On the inside of the pot I used and 1/2" BSP elbow barb fitting and an o-ring nut to seal against the inside of the pot. The elbow barb screws directly into the ball lock valve. The has reduced the dead space to about 1CM.

Camlocks are great, they seal well and are quick to take on and off.

I bought a heap of stainless fittings from 2014 including 3way ball valves, the only complaint I have is their 1/2 inch male barb fittings have skinny little piss holes. I shelved the 2014 male barbs and bought the larger diameter barbs from Full Pint and KK.

Benn said:
I bought a heap of stainless fittings from 2014 including 3way ball valves, the only complaint I have is their 1/2 inch male barb fittings have skinny little piss holes. I shelved the 2014 male barbs and bought the larger diameter barbs from Full Pint and KK.
I had a pretty similar experience with 2014 and a couple of other similar sellers... Significantly cheaper than KK when I priced them, and I wasn't in a hurry so didn't mind waiting the 2-3 weeks for delivery.

I ended up getting 1/2 male barbs from hoppy days.

I've got a fair amount of KK gear as well, can't save I've ever had any issues with their stainless stuff. Push in fittings and intertaps are a little crappy though.

I'm surprised you say KK is cheaper, wondering where you're comparing to here? I know I can get stuff of ebay/alliexpress for a lot cheaper than KK, I just need to wait 6 weeks for it to get down under.

moonhead said:
I'm surprised you say KK is cheaper, wondering where you're comparing to here? I know I can get stuff of ebay/alliexpress for a lot cheaper than KK, I just need to wait 6 weeks for it to get down under.
I have a few cheapies from ebay too, quality nowhere near as good but it does the job

moonhead said:
I found KK only slightly more expensive than 2014online but much cheaper than some other online HBS's (I'd rather not name names). For a little bit more, I'd rather use KK than eBay assuming KK will have better after-sale service and possibly more reliable quality.

Back