Keg king plate chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dicko said:
attachicon.gif
wort.chiller.image2_medium.jpg

If you are going to flow wort one way and coolant the other then this is what you want. No affiliation Bla Bla Bla!!!

No risk of crap remaining in the chiller to spoil your next batch. a "no brainer" really :)
Was originally after one of these too - but the copper version. Was only available from the states at the time and was a little exxy to get over here! So settled for the plate chiller. Although maybe not as susceptible, I think you would still need to be mindful of getting hop crud build up in it - cleaning regime would need to be similar to a plate chiller.

I also wonder how it performs compared to the copper one as SS isn't that good when it come to heat transfer.

Frothie said:
I also wonder how it performs compared to the copper one as SS isn't that good when it come to heat transfer.
I did wonder that, but surely there wouldn't be much difference (if any) to a plate chiller, they're all stainless aren't they?

Plate chiller is pressed copper inside with stainless on the outside. so still a bit better in transfer

JDW81 said:
I did wonder that, but surely there wouldn't be much difference (if any) to a plate chiller, they're all stainless aren't they?

Just got my chilling coil now! It looks very nice and I can't wait to see how she goes :)

So how did the Stainless Wort Chiller go?
weighing up options on both the plate chiller and this one

anyone else wanna chime in and give their two cents on best value for money on the chill market?

I'm still waiting for the damn fittings from iBrew - also my brewery is a work in progress, my 50L Braumeister isn't due until next week...

If you are going to chill. I think plate chiller. And from my experience I get amazing cooling efficiency. I need to increase the wort flow so it doesn't get too cold. I am on Melbourne, nice a cold at the moment.

what plate chiller do you have SimoB? recommend it?

For price, and what I have. The keg king one. It only has barbed fittings and you can't change them. But it doesn't matter... I like it and would recommend it.

Back