Keg King - Model BC 128 - Stuffed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricardo

Reaction score
Anybody any ideas, I bought this from my homebrew shop 5 months ago and it was working like a dream. Walked into my garage this evening to a constant beeping sound and the kegerator flashing EE on the display. I get no response from the display so am now unable to set any temperature!

I get that sound and error message on my STC1000 when the temp probe is not connected properly

Black n Tan said:
I get that sound and error message on my STC1000 when the temp probe is not connected properly
where is the temp probe how do I get to it? Thing is I haven't even touched the fridge how can it now be loose?

Ran into the same issue a couple of months ago, see here.

I left it unused for a couple of weeks, and it seems the condensation in the electrics has evaporated. Not an ideal situation, I know.

I plan on wiring up (yet another) STC-1000, and using this to ensure it doesn't freeze my kegs again.

Will be the circuit board or display panel.
Circuit board gets taken out by voltage spikes, usually from lightning activity if fridge is on an unprotected circuit.
90% of the time it's the display panel, moisture gets into the display & needs replacing.
Both items easily replaced. We give 12 months warranty but you'll have to check with the store you purchased from.

Cheers Ross

Ross said:
Will be the circuit board or display panel.
Circuit board gets taken out by voltage spikes, usually from lightning activity if fridge is on an unprotected circuit.
90% of the time it's the display panel, moisture gets into the display & needs replacing.
Both items easily replaced. We give 12 months warranty but you'll have to check with the store you purchased from.

Cheers Ross
What type of "unprotected circuit" are you talking about Ross?

bradsbrew said:
Changed topic title

dudley.jpg

spudfarmerboy said:
What type of "unprotected circuit" are you talking about Ross?
All electrical appliances should be protected by a surge protector, spikes on the mains can easily take out the board on your kegerator.

Had exactly the same thing. I was a bit keen taking it all apart and cleaning it and must have got water in the front. CraftBrewer sent me the new display panel (its a stick on electrode, easy as to replace) and it worked instantly.

Tip for novices, be very careful when cleaning! Great fridge though.

Latest posts

Back