Keg King Kegorator III - incorrect temperature.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drtablet

Reaction score
I have a cooling problem with my kegorator version 3
Well two problems.

1) First problem is that the digital readout is about 6C out/incorrect.
In other words when the Fridge readout says 1C, it is in fact 7C inside the fridge.

Its not a simple issue with my temp probe being at the front of the fridge and the internal temp probe being at the top right side.
I get this temp difference wherever I place my own temp probes.
There is a tiny bit of ice at the back but not much, so its getting down to 7C ok I think and not working too hard to do this.

2) Second problem is that I can't get the fridge to go lower than 1C, even if I put it to -4 (its lowest setting) it just wont shift off 1C (which is actually 7C).

Has anyone else had an issue with the internal thermometer being incorrect, and it not being able to get down to its max low temp.
Because of this I can't cold crash and have to carbonate at a higher PSI and ultimately bottle at 7C, when I'd rather bottle at 3-4C.

I did call the guys at kegking and they were helpful in that suggesting there was a temp difference from front to back, of the fridge and a fan would help even this out (I ordered one so will see if this can help, but I'm certain it wont cure it), but I'm certain this is not my issue, the internal thermometer is 6 C out/incorrect.
Ive used several internal probes, including a mercury thermometer in a glass of water over night.

Anyone else had issue with the built in thermometer being incorrect and the fridge not being able to get down to the lowest temperature?

I did hear that some resister can be soldered into the circuit to force the fridge lower. Anyone else heard about this?
Id love to over ride the internal thermometer and thermostat and turn in into a on/off fridge so i can simply control it by my SDS temp controller.

thanks

Yeah somewhere on this forum there is a thread with a pdf attached that will tell you what and where to put a resistor to adjust your temp. I'm on my phone so it's not as easy to search.

I am so freaking happy to find out about the 33 k ohm resister I can tell you. Have one right now in my back pocket after a visit to jacyar.

Cool, I put one in mine but I think I'm going to disconnect the temp probe and use my stc 1000 instead just like dicko. As it stands every time the power goes out my fridge resets to 10 c, it happens a lot.

I added the 33k resister and it is an improvement for sure.
Instead of being 6-7 C out from my STC-1000 its now about 2 C out.
I set the KK temp to -4 C and the STC to 1C. so its controlled by the STC.

When the temp reaches 1C on the STC 1000 and cuts the power to the KK fridge, which is fine.
HOWEVER, when the temp rises to over 1C the kegorator does not power back on, I don't know what temp it is when it finally switches back on (not set there to watch it yet), but its something like 3 to 3.5C on the STC-1000 when I check on it later.
Almost like the KK does not switch on correctly, sounds a bit similar to WORT issue above but not as dramatic.

I was tempted to remove the internal probe completely, but when you do the fridge display shows EE and makes a beeping noise.
Anyone know if the Kegorator 3 can be controlled exclusively by the STC-1000 and not have some crappy beeping/error and have issues switching back on once the STC-1000 powers it back on?
cheers

Latest posts

Back