Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tavas

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Series 4 kegerator is coming out? Keg King said early-mid this year, then August. Just wondering if anyone has inside info.

What advantages does it have over the Mk3?

This is the first email from Keg King:
  • The compressor is more powerful, the unit comes with an integrated internal air circulation fan, more robust guard rail, stainless steel top, more space inside the fridge and is actually more compact so customers will be able to build them underneath the bench top more easily. We have also made the digital controls more reliable and more robust plus included some flash memory so if you have a power outage the temperature does not reset, it will remember the previous set point.
I was hoping one of the local brewers may have some inside info on how they are going and when they are likely to come on the market. I've been chasing this since last year and putting off getting one.

Attached are some photos they sent me last year.

2013-10-30 09.24.26 (Large).jpg2013-10-30 09.24.54 (Large).jpg2013-10-30 09.25.56 (Large).jpg

Would be interested to know - currently looking at some kegerator options. Does anyone have any info?

Latest I have now is sometime in November. I am not holding my breath as it's been close to a year now. I'm looking at another option.

I have owned a series three since 2010, and it's pretty nice!

I've got approval to buy one now, looking for a 3 font version.

Any suggestion for where to get a full set up in Brisbane (Northside preferably)?

I was stung by KG in my early brewing days & also with the kettle element thingo & so wish you all the best of luck with it. ;)
NEVER AGAIN!

No affiliation with others, yadda, yadda.

Check out the warrantees from the various sponsors & you might be surprised?

Assuming these are the same as the craftbrewer ones, what is the diameter of the hole in the top and how much space is there between the top of the kegs and the ceiling of the kegerator?
I have a flooded cobra font that I would want to use but it will more than likely extend into the fridge?

Cheers

image.jpgimage.jpg

apols for the upside down, the headspace is around 3"
the other pic is the bung that comes out of the font hole or whatever you call it and is around 1 1/2"

that's KK kegs with the rubber bottom eh

Got my series 4 delivered yesterday and kegged my first beers in over 9 months today.

First pour was a Hop Hog clone that's tasting great.

Loving the Perlick 650SS taps.

12523924_10153445131652462_4229952767356739035_n.jpg10440232_10153445131702462_6554147223478138228_n.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160122_154427.jpg
    IMG_20160122_154427.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 458
Does anyone have a gas manifold mounted in a series 4?

Currently running a few splitters but wanting to go a manifold and mount it to the internal wall of the fridge.

Where is a safe area to screw one of these in to?

I used double sided auto repair tape from the local hardware store

tavas said:
I used double sided auto repair tape from the local hardware store
Good idea, sounds like a safer option.

I have a gas manifold on mine although it's not a series 4. What I did was remove the plastic insert from the hole at the back where the gas lines go in, which made the hole bigger. This allowed me to mount the manifold on the outside of the unit and run all three lines through the hole into the kegs inside. I also just used double sided tape to stick it on, it's good strong stuff, probably similar to the auto repair tape.

Just bought one, should be here in 7 days looking forward to it arriving.

After 2 disasters trying to make my own kegerator out of crappy 2nd hand fridges.... (first one I hit freon line while drilling, 2nd one the motor broke down) I am done!

Should have just bought the KK kegerator straight up and saved myself a load of money, time and effort!

Oh well you live and learn...

Back