Keg King Kegerator - Gas Manifold Or Splitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiprya

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm going to get a Keg King kegerator with 3 taps.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to split my gas. Ideally I would get a 3-way manifold - but they look pretty big and bulky, I'm not sure if they will fit in there along with 3 kegs, the small gas bottle and the regulator.

Can you screw in a manifold at the top of the left or right hand sides? Will one fit there? Can I put screws into those side walls?

The other option are the plastic splitters like this but I will have to secure those to the side of the wall as well. Also, what ID of hose works best with those connectors?

Any help would be much appreciated. Really excited to be finally getting into kegging.

What have other people with 3 kegs in the kegerators done? I'd prefer to be able to turn off the gas to individual kegs, so I can force-carb on one.

have a 3 way gas manifold here if you want it.
pm me if interested.

I've got the plastic splitters in my kegerator. I just wired up the ends to a couple of clips and clip it over the cooling element at the back. The splitters are good because they swivel with the movement of the lines giving a little more flexibility.

You can always mount the manifold on the outside of the fridge and drill a few holes for the three gas lines to run into the fridge...

Ideally it would all be internal, so I can wheel it outside to the patio when entertaining.

Ideally it would all be internal, so I can wheel it outside to the patio when entertaining.

Is there room for the manifold on the roof of the fridge?

The brass+valves manifolds are fairly low profile

I went in to KK and looked at the S3 today, it had a 3-way splitter/plastic manifold jobby (the cheap ones with the valve) mounted and screwed into the side wall inside on the upper right side. Jure said that it is fine.

Thanks Edak,
I found this picture:
splittermount.jpg

So i might just do something similar.

Anyone know what size ID hose goes on those snuggly without clamps? Or should I use clamps anyway just in case?

Jure said that those splitters are obsolete now and that they use the Y splitter without valve. Can anyone see why this could be a problem?

tiprya said:
Thanks Edak,
I found this picture:
splittermount.jpg

So i might just do something similar.

Anyone know what size ID hose goes on those snuggly without clamps? Or should I use clamps anyway just in case?
When I was using the same system I used 5mm hoses without clamps.

Edak said:
Jure said that those splitters are obsolete now and that they use the Y splitter without valve. Can anyone see why this could be a problem?
That is a good idea. Since I only want the valves so I can easily turn off two taps and force carb a third, I could run:
Reg -- NRV -- Y Splitter -- keg (for force carbing)
|
|---- Valve -- Y Splitter --- keg
|-------- keg
Then I can use that one valve on the other kegs.
How good quality are the JG 'style' fittings that Keg King sell?
I've heard some people recommend going for proper John Guest stuff.

I am sorry that I can't really comment on the quality, I have none of the stuff. What Jure said was instead of using valves just disconnect the kegs and then force carb the one connected. I thought that it was satisfactory but less convenient.

Latest posts

Back