Keg King Jg Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvern

Reaction score
Need to replace my crap ones from KegKing, anyone make a 7/8 to 5/16 adaptor for going on the back of a perlick shank?

Anyone else have problems with the keg king ones? Mine leak, appear to be wrong diameter, and are a ******* to disconnect.

Cheers,

Those cheap chinee push-in fittings are rubbish. Yes they leak.
I dumped all mine.

They are not 7/8, they are 5/8"

Use John Guest Fittings & good quality line (the best fittings in the worlds won't seal on crap line) & you shouldn't have problems.

Any good Home brew store should be able to help you out or click on one of the sponsors above ;)

Cheers

Ross

Man, wish I had known all this before I spent the $$$ will avoid kegking from now on.

Need a list of reputable suppliers on here, at the least we need a list of products that are known to be good, and ones to avoid.

Ah well, learn from them mistakes I guess.

BTW - shanks are definitely 7/8. Just measured. These are perlick taps and shanks from the US. So yeah, I think it's going to be tought to find anything that will fit.

Man, wish I had known all this before I spent the $$$ will avoid kegking from now on.

Need a list of reputable suppliers on here, at the least we need a list of products that are known to be good, and ones to avoid.

Ah well, learn from them mistakes I guess.

BTW - shanks are definitely 7/8. Just measured. These are perlick taps and shanks from the US. So yeah, I think it's going to be tought to find anything that will fit.

When you say measured. What did you measure? Without offending if you measred od of thread this is not what bsp sizes relate to... again don't want to offend but pipe sizes are confusing.

just a thought, I was walking walking past the water cooler (connected to mains) at work and noticed a JG fitting, I wonder if there cheaper in the trade world rather than the hobby world. I have had a quick look online haven't found a water cooler supply shop online.

just a thought, I was walking walking past the water cooler (connected to mains) at work and noticed a JG fitting, I wonder if there cheaper in the trade world rather than the hobby world. I have had a quick look online haven't found a water cooler supply shop online.

Yep

Here

They might measure 7/8" but be rest assured you want a 5/8" bsp fitting, which are readily available.

Cheers Ross

we need a list of products that are known to be good, and ones to avoid.

'ken oath! That is a good idea. Dane, if you're reading, it would be a good idea to set up a Wiki for this stuff!

I like some keg king stuff, but other stuff is dodgy. I've never had a JG push in fitting fail (all from Craftbrewer, FWIW), and my experience with the keg king push-in fittings makes they think that they are extremely iffy (I shop in store because it's close to work, they are friendly, and their bulk hop prices are pretty good!).

cheers,
Kieran

'ken oath! That is a good idea. Dane, if you're reading, it would be a good idea to set up a Wiki for this stuff!

I like some keg king stuff, but other stuff is dodgy. I've never had a JG push in fitting fail (all from Craftbrewer, FWIW), and my experience with the keg king push-in fittings makes they think that they are extremely iffy (I shop in store because it's close to work, they are friendly, and their bulk hop prices are pretty good!).

cheers,
Kieran

Yep agreed. They do have some really good stuff. And afaik still one of the cheapest place around to get your CO2 bottle from. But those fittings, my god, haven't managed to get any of them to work yet.

Latest posts

Back