Keg King Hops? Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSwiller

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Usually get my hops from Ellerslie Hop and was wondering what the Keg King hops are like? Being cheap I assume they are probably not all that great? But wanted to check what other brewers thoughts/experiences were?
Cheers!

Apart from their elements and perhaps the little party kegs, I've not heard of their consumables being sub par.

When I was out there recently I saw Bintani stickers on the foils so you can assume they are decent quality

I have used them in the past on ocassion. They have been fine. They are however milled quite fine so if you use a hop bag some will make their way out.

No probs with them at all. have found them fresher and more flavoursome than other suppliers. Yob is right, they are from bintani, but I recently got galaxy which didn't have the bintani stickers.

I don't have an element but have one of their party kegs and love it. When not used for parties etc, I use it for making soda water. What's been the probs with these units?

I believe there was questions raised over the internal welds.. I've got one too and never had an issue

Their new elements seem to be fine. Mine is still going strong 6 months on

Their elements were dubious. 1st one was a plug-in style and needed a cord but the element drew so much power the plugs melt. Finally found a creamic plug on Ebay and about 30 mins in the element packed up. Next one had a short cord attached. Got 3 brews only before it packed up, all the wire insulation melted. Gave up, now use a hot water service element, (mayed in Straylia mate!) No melting!

I now get all my hop deliveries fresh and delivered to the door via Hop Dealz Australia. Well worth the googling. No affiliation other than beard colour.

edit - not that I've had any problem with hops I've bought from keg king in the past.

Latest posts

Back