Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a suggestion for your website Will - a "new products" section would be handy to be able to keep up to date on any innovations you guys are coming up with. Personally I don't go near Facebook, and as much as we've butted heads in the past (quite a while back now) on some aspects of this forum it's certainly been good being able to chat and find out more about your gear on here.

*Nullnvoid
*I said commiserations not congratulations

Do not disparage GrumpyPaul, he is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet. You also do not know of the reasons behind his name change. Regardless, he is a better bloke than you or I will ever be.

And he will be right up to come down for a brew day...he just might only be there for 15 minutes.

I don't get it. You're quitting the forums because someone congratulated someone else on becoming a moderator and also because they had a name change? That seems quite odd...

I don't get it. You're quitting the forums because someone congratulated someone else on becoming a moderator and also because they had a name change? That seems quite odd...
I was not going to make any further comment but because I have some respect for what you did recently here is one last one. The congratulation was the last nail so to speak.

Here is what I sent to Grumpy Paul aka NoClue2Brew over the weekend:

„It would be interesting to have a real discussion with you in person if you are willing but I will understand if you are not. Our idea of this forum is a place where people should be able to discuss things openly and in a civil manner. As a sponsor we wish to be accorded the opportunity to present our products and ideas as well as assist people who have questions about our products and what we do.

We do not wish to be here to be vilified and drawn into slanging matches that are often aimed at me directly and in a very personal way. It would be nice if members would voice concern about this but few care. Many adopt the idea that we should be tarred with the same brush no matter how well we behave. Someone even said they liked Sponsor Money to be wasted here. I have spoken with quite a few businesses who supply home brewers around Australia and most say that they wonder as to why we bother to waste our efforts on AHB. One told me directly that he does not want to be in “that gutter”. Not my words and I don’t want it to be seen that way. My efforts were directed to just be about business, offer good products, stay professional and support those who like what we do and make. But we don’t run when falsehoods and shit is thrown at us.

So as a result of your poll and what the admin advised I am giving serious consideration to a either a scale down of forum input or a complete withdrawal from it altogether. We are not going to hang around where we are not wanted. Many of the forum members who like and buy our gear have already made direct contact with us so what is left for us to gain by being a target for those who for their own reasons have an axe to grind? Not a lot.

Maybe I am missing something here but if members want us to lie down quietly whilst we cop flak generally for things we have not even done then I have no business being here. I know there are some who would prefer that another business should just have open slather here and we should not dare to call out untruths. If that suits the majority of the members maybe I should run a poll to see the feelings for this. So as I said the consideration of us withdrawing from sponsorship is definitely on the table because the attention we have to give here is time costly and those resources can be deployed elsewhere to better effect for our business. We are an Australian business which works hard to make great products and we are extremely proud to be earning export dollars for our state and our country. Whatever we sell internationally has all the earnings come back to benefit our local economy. It pays the livelihood of nearly thirty Australians and helps them keep their families fed, clothed and off the dole. The other business runs its international stuff straight out of China and I don’t think that they are sending a lot of earnings back here. Sadly in many cases the Australian brewers through being customers have paid for the development of new gear but it’s a Chinese entity which reaps the benefits in China. All our development is done right here in Melbourne and all our growing international earnings come back to benefit this country. When brewers buy from us they are effectively investing in their own country. Our team is proud of that and strives to make gear that is good and safe. Team members are aghast that many brewers still do not understand how hard they work to make things safe only to have people buy lower quality stuff thinking its all the same. Our efforts to really drive that point home to consumers is what has our opposition in a total funk.

An old saying is to be careful what you wish for as you may get it. If the members want the forum without Keg King then we will be gone in a heartbeat. I know that will definitely please some that there be no counterbalance so that they can peddle whatever they like. It is my belief however that we did add value to the forum so I am interested to hear your thoughts and would prefer even more if we could have a phone call. My number is 0419306571 or if you provide me yours I can call you at a convenient time for you. I will be copying this to the admin also. Would suggest that for the moment you and I discuss this but will not stop you or get terribly upset should you choose to make it public as we have nothing to hide. Your timing was in some ways opportune as yesterday we completed our first run of the new 30 litre “Chubby” Fermenter King 30 litre which can double as a keg also. We had planned to celebrate this with a giveaway of 5 of them to forum members. After I saw the poll I obviously put a hold on this.“

So hopefully that explains it. We did quite a bit of research after it was announced who the moderators would be and when we discovered the friendships of one were with people who went all out to give us hard times here then it was a no brainer to put our efforts in other directions.

If you want to discuss further then I am available either phone as above or [email protected]

So let this be the last as I really don‘t want to say any more on this forum. Enough is enough.

OK. Let's just end these conversations here, please. I think enough has been said.

I'm all in favour of sponsors promoting their products. Also, reasonable discussion on these products will be helpful.

Personal discussions/arguments really do not add to the well being of this forum, and are of little to no interest to others. These discussions could be done by way of personal messages if you wish to continue your dialogue.

Its been a while but our new Keg Washers have hit the warehouse. These will help you keep your kegs and fermenters nice and clean,
ready to make and keep your beer. Should be on the web shortly. The pumps in these are very capable and great for wherever a submersible unit is needed.

Kegwasher.PNG

Any news on false bottoms for the Guten 40L? Tired of the rubbish bazooka screen and a helix is no good for cold wort

Yesterday was a very proud moment for us here at Keg King when the first container of our PET Fermenter Products left, final destination Russia.

It has taken us some time to get the product range right but brewers all over the world are delighted with our strong, clear PET Fermenter King products. It is not always easy to show people that its worth waiting for a quality product but in the end our gear does the job and does it safely. These fermenters are so tough you can even lift a car with them and afterwards still use them to brew beer.

Our team members are rightfully proud that the products they make are being recognised around the world as the best and safest by a long shot.

120655562_3352846488127085_4782296401416014238_o.jpg

Latest feature in P.E.T. Planet on the Keg King P.E.T. facility here in Springvale, VIC. Really great to be acknowledged for the work we're doing to bring the Fermenter King range of pressure fermentation vessels to the world. Cheers!
Page 34-35.JPG

Hey Will, are you going to make those PET kegs available to the public on your retail website?

Cheers

Back