Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since some (I've just seen another on FB) are broken on delivery, I don't think it is the mishandling by users that is the primary concern, I believe this product is flawed in its design.
One person told me that when they tilted their malt pipe to empty grain that it broke.
I can't pinpoint when mine broke, but after my grain was scooped out I noticed it was wobbly. When inspected the welds were already broken.

Will there be new stock coming in where this problem is resolved? I wouldn't want to get a replacement every few batches.

Our replacement pipes are the same stock. There will be new replacement stock. When it gets here, we'll have an announcement. All up, we have had about 4 replacements issued for broken overflow pipes. We have not had a replacement pipe returned.

Overflow pipe broke again. How many times are you willing to replace it?
Better yet, when will you make one that lasts?

Looking at buying the Thermenter King, any idea when they will be in stock?
Waiting on a few things with these and don't have an exact delivery date but shouldn't be too long. Also, everything is delayed in production for anyone dealing with factories in China.

Overflow pipe broke again. How many times are you willing to replace it?
Better yet, when will you make one that lasts?

We just tested and approved a new replacement that will be here in a few weeks. We'll have an announcement when they arrive and we can work to get you one of the new stock. You can contact our Sales Department to arrange the details. Cheers

Just a message we put up last night that we thought might work well here as well:

These are some seriously challenging times for everyone, so it's great to have something else to focus on and enjoy like beer and homebrewing. As we all know, nothing beats having your own at home because being in charge of your own bar is excellent!
A few updates from Keg King:

1. We are still open and VERY busy. Our phones are ringing non-stop so if you don't get through, please try again and we'll get to your call.

2. You can order online. We're trying to get caught up with the grain stock. There is heaps on the way so don't get discouraged.

3. There is no shortage of grain or hop supply in Victoria. All our ingredient suppliers are still taking orders and delivering regularly. If this changes, we'll all let you know.

4. Carpark pick up is an option when ordering online.

5. Gas bottle swaps are now available for purchase online for carpark pick up.

6. The Redgum Smoked Malt from Voyager is so damn potent that the entire grain storage room smells fantastic whenever we walk in there. It is now available for purchase online. A word of warning from our staff brewers, it imparts massive flavour and aroma so use sparingly.

7. DWRHAHB!

Cheers Brewers - STAY SANITISED!

Hi Keg King,

I placed an order on Monday over the phone via the website after trying to get through to you over the phone on the weekend. I've had no response so wondering what is happening? It was a pump, cam lock fittings and some spare parts/repair kits.

Also, I sent an email last week re:electric pot (e.g. something like the digiboil). I followed up on the phone when I was trying to sort out my order and the guy mentioned 'something was coming soon'. I just want to know what that something might be and how 'soon' is soon? I have a couple of alternative options up my sleeve but want to give you guys first crack as I approached you first. I'm happy to wait a bit if the digiboil alternative is significantly better value proposition. However, my grain is cracked and I'm keen to get brewing!

Cheers
Carl

Hi Keg King,

I placed an order on Monday over the phone via the website after trying to get through to you over the phone on the weekend. I've had no response so wondering what is happening? It was a pump, cam lock fittings and some spare parts/repair kits.

Also, I sent an email last week re:electric pot (e.g. something like the digiboil). I followed up on the phone when I was trying to sort out my order and the guy mentioned 'something was coming soon'. I just want to know what that something might be and how 'soon' is soon? I have a couple of alternative options up my sleeve but want to give you guys first crack as I approached you first. I'm happy to wait a bit if the digiboil alternative is significantly better value proposition. However, my grain is cracked and I'm keen to get brewing!

Cheers
Carl
Don't tell everyone about the digiboil alternative, else they will all want one.;)

Hi Keg King,

Cheers
Carl

Hi Carl

Yes we have a low cost stainless boiler with two elements for $99.95. Are you coming in or where are you located. Maybe PM me if you need more info.

Cheers Will

Don't have any details of the motor you mention. Can you provide and I will check.
https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/home-brewer-special-worm-drive-motor-dc-speed-controller.htmlThey allow for a 12mm shaft.

I'm pretty sure the mill shaft is 12mm but if I mount it that close it will make gap adjustment difficult.
I'm trying to find a price on a coupler that will go from 12mm to the hex.

The connection would be the same from the motor you supply as well I think.

1590560968418.png

While talking mills do you guys have a time frame on receiving Malt King - Geared Grain Mill (3 Roller) ??

Back