Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to enlarge the hole at the bottom of the tank.

Hmm, okay I guess we will be finding out soon how easy that is and what tool will be used.

I’m fairly handy so I’ll say yes as long as you can give ma a guide as to what has to be done [emoji106], let me know if you want me to email my details or how we can organise this I’m in W.A.
Cheers boys [emoji482]

You are going to be taking pics right and letting us know about the upgrade process and how easy or difficult it is? :)

Last edited:
Surely you guys would have pic’s and dimensions of the cooling coil my now?

Hmm, okay I guess we will be finding out soon how easy that is and what tool will be used.

You are going to be taking pics right and letting us know about the upgrade process and how easy or difficult it is? :)

Yep will do [emoji106]

They'll be online soon. There's a couple in the retail shop as well.
Just assembled the G3 unit I ordered the first day it went on sale (was traveling and collected a week ago, first one was missing some bits and just received the replacement). Seems like a really nice unit with the upgrades compared to the previous generations. Unfortunately it seems like it's going to be decorative only for the next few months since I'm told the cooling coils now won't be available until late March at the earliest. Tag @CEO Keg King.

Just assembled the G3 unit I ordered the first day it went on sale (was traveling and collected a week ago, first one was missing some bits and just received the replacement). Seems like a really nice unit with the upgrades compared to the previous generations. Unfortunately it seems like it's going to be decorative only for the next few months since I'm told the cooling coils now won't be available until late March at the earliest. Tag @CEO Keg King.
One cooling coil I will find for you. The cooling heating units are behind schedule right now.

When will the Fermentasaurus upgrade kit be available?
Will you be releasing a jacket for the 70L Guten soon?

Anyone know what the total height of the G3 is? Trying to figure out if I can fit one in my fridge before I place an order.

Is the G3 body different to the G2? I know there is an upgrade kit coming out but I saw a comparison photo on Facebook of the two together and the angle of the cone looks steeper on the G3, is it or was it just the way it looked in the photo?

Is the G3 body different to the G2? I know there is an upgrade kit coming out but I saw a comparison photo on Facebook of the two together and the angle of the cone looks steeper on the G3, is it or was it just the way it looked in the photo?

Cough... :)

Anyone know what the total height of the G3 is? Trying to figure out if I can fit one in my fridge before I place an order.

Dimensions: 935H x 375W (height iplunge valve handle in down position. 970H when handle is lifted to fullest position.

Dimensions: 935H x 375W (height iplunge valve handle in down position. 970H when handle is lifted to fullest position.

Unfortunately a bit tall for my fermentation fridge, I've only got 860 mm. Suspect this is a common problem for people using old fridge/freezer systems.

Can these be inverted in the in the cradle for a reduced height?

If you were to remove the collection bottle and flip the rack around it would be 715mm, but you would miss out on a lot of the features on the bottom tank assembly.

You would still have the new lid, centralised liquid pick up from the floating dip tube attached to the plunge valve center rod, dryhop port, and you would also have the thermo-well. Plus with the new lid, you'd have optional upgrades for temp control ports and the cleaning kit.

Is there a plan to strengthen the Guten 70L telescopic overflow pipe?
I've spoken to a few people who have had it break within a couple of batches, and have seen one person comment that it was broken on delivery.
I received my replacement recently and unfortunately it looks identical to the old one, I'm going to be as careful as I can but I'm not sure how it will last.

Also, will there be a jacket coming soon or should I DIY one?

Is there a plan to strengthen the Guten 70L telescopic overflow pipe?
I've spoken to a few people who have had it break within a couple of batches, and have seen one person comment that it was broken on delivery.
I received my replacement recently and unfortunately it looks identical to the old one, I'm going to be as careful as I can but I'm not sure how it will last.

Also, will there be a jacket coming soon or should I DIY one?

Your replacement will be from the same stock of telescopic pipes. To avoid any further issues, we would recommend that brewers orient the bottom screen into the base of their malt pipes by pushing the screens into place with their hands rather than pushing with the overflow pipe. Likewise, over-tightening the hex nut of the overflow could damage the collar that holds the screen in place. We understand that this might not be what happened in your instance.

As for the jackets, we're gauging demand. At this point there isn't one to fit the 70L, so you'll have to DIY in the meantime.

Since some (I've just seen another on FB) are broken on delivery, I don't think it is the mishandling by users that is the primary concern, I believe this product is flawed in its design.
One person told me that when they tilted their malt pipe to empty grain that it broke.
I can't pinpoint when mine broke, but after my grain was scooped out I noticed it was wobbly. When inspected the welds were already broken.

Will there be new stock coming in where this problem is resolved? I wouldn't want to get a replacement every few batches.

Back