Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey KK could you please provide some information on the Thermenter King that WEAL has spoken about?
I can’t find anything on your website about it

Hey KK could you please provide some information on the Thermenter King that WEAL has spoken about?
I can’t find anything on your website about it
We are working on producing a more detailed data sheet and hope to have something on the web soon. Basically its a shoe box size unit which uses an enhanced Peltier system coupled with pump and controller to provide either warm or cold water (glycol mix if going low) to raise or lower temperature in fermenters or kegs. The new Gen 3 Fermenter King 35 and 60 litre units have provision to add a stainless steel coil inside so that the wort can be brought to desired temperature.

These units provide about 20 degrees differential to ambient when cooling but much more when heating. Our plan is for them to sell around the $250 mark to give brewers a very affordable temp control system. They are very quiet (about the noise level of a PC) and run off 12 volts. With a new water jacket for 19 litre kegs they can be used to take a keg camping and actually chill it down running from a vehicle battery. Obviously will take power but many people run off solar now when they are in the bush.

They are not designed to replace a refrigerator but if you have ambients around 25 then you can certainly chill the beer in your vessel and drink straight from it. Great tool for brewers who do not want to have yet another fridge just for fermenting. Takes up very little space and you don‘t need to move your fermenter. This tool lets you keep your fridge free for what should be its real purpose and to provide accurate temp control. With the new Fermenters having the integrated Thermowell it means Brewers can really control the temp very well based on the reading from inside the liquid rather than through a wall.

Some small qty will be available for sale hopefully by end of this month with production qty before Christmas.

We're just fine tuning G3 for release and we'll be doing first come first served for the first couple hundred. Expect end of November at this point for the first units to be available. There are working units being tested and even a couple on display in our retail outlet to showcase the cleaning system and mini temp control system named the Thermentor King. We're really excited with the performance and small foot print of the these little temp control units. They're an excellent add on feature of the G3 fermenter but also have the ability to work in other applications such as chilling kegs.
Sorry if I missed something, but what's the cleaning system you refer to here?

The Cleaning System is a closed loop driven by a small 12v 18w 10LPM food grade pump connecting to a sprayball that fits to threading built into the underside of the fermenter lid. IMG_1871.jpg

Good stuff, Thais
The Cleaning System is a closed loop driven by a small 12v 18w 10LPM food grade pump connecting to a sprayball that fits to threading built into the underside of the fermenter lid. View attachment 116870
Good stuff, thanks.

Are you planning to make the 20L King Keg available for purchase?

For homebrewers, the Fermenter King Junior will be available. It's the King Keg body with a clear PET like our 35L pressure fermenters. It does pressure frementation, has cornelius style posts, floating dip tube and prv in the lid.

The King Keg is more of a Keg King Pro item. Pretty sure we could make them available for retail if there proves to be a demand there.

There's one hand up over here . I'm rebuilding my system with a-type gear so if they're available with those couplers I'd be grabbing a few. Or do they have a proprietary coupler?

Hi keg king.
Just wondering if you guys have a price worked out for the 70lt guten. I rang the shop a few weeks ago and they said it should be available late November but couldn't give me a price. I am Hoping to get into all grain brewing soon but have been waiting to find out more about the 70lt before making a purchase.
Thank you

There's one hand up over here . I'm rebuilding my system with a-type gear so if they're available with those couplers I'd be grabbing a few. Or do they have a proprietary coupler?
Awesome! They can be speared either A-type or D-type according to the customer's need.

Hi keg king.
Just wondering if you guys have a price worked out for the 70lt guten. I rang the shop a few weeks ago and they said it should be available late November but couldn't give me a price. I am Hoping to get into all grain brewing soon but have been waiting to find out more about the 70lt before making a purchase.
Thank you
$699
Should be here in about a week and a half. They're a fun way to get three 19L kegs full with a really easy brew day.

$699
Should be here in about a week and a half. They're a fun way to get three 19L kegs full with a really easy brew day.
Price sounds good I'm looking forward to starting off in all grain brewing. Is it possible to get some specs for the 70lt guten. Mainly interested in how much grain it can hold and how much power it draws. and any idea how much shipping would cost to townsville. Will I need to pre order one or will you let us know through here when they arrive. Don't want to miss out.
Thank you

Goodness what happened to that? The sale is still going and I think will continue.
Hey @CEO Keg King

Ive had my eye on the Series 4 Triple ultra tap kegerator.

It's been advertised at the sale price of $403 with stock expected 18/11.

When I first checked out let me put longer in the cart and price adjusted to $403. Tried again a few days ago and it won't let you add to cart... Just said available after 18/11.

Now I noticed the the banner ad for the sale price is gone.

Just wanted to check in that if in order one when they come in on 18/11 that the sake price will be honoured?

Cheers

Hey @CEO Keg King

Ive had my eye on the Series 4 Triple ultra tap kegerator.

It's been advertised at the sale price of $403 with stock expected 18/11.

When I first checked out let me put longer in the cart and price adjusted to $403. Tried again a few days ago and it won't let you add to cart... Just said available after 18/11.

Now I noticed the the banner ad for the sale price is gone.

Just wanted to check in that if in order one when they come in on 18/11 that the sake price will be honoured?

Cheers
Sorry but I am in Europe right now but I will ask my colleague to help with this.

Awesome! They can be speared either A-type or D-type according to the customer's need.
Is there a recommended max storage time with these King Kegs, regards gas transmissibility? Thinking some might be an option for cheaper long-term storage of big beers.

Last edited:
Is there a recommended max storage time with these King Kegs, regards gas transmissibility? Thinking some might be an option for cheaper long-term storage of big beers.
We will have some tests done on this soon and will advise.

Hi @Keg King
I am just letting you know of a fault I had with one of your keg lids.
This keg would be a couple of years old by now but this is only my second time using it (it is a party keg).
I bought the 9.5Litre keg from a store in Maitland.
After emptying the keg I found one of the retaining clamps had fallen off the keg in the fridge and was sitting on the floor of the fridge.
It would appear that the spot welds did not penetrate deeply enough.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
Hi @Keg King
I am just letting you know of a fault I had with one of your keg lids.
This keg would be a couple of years old by now but this is only my second time using it (it is a party keg).
I bought the 9.5Litre keg from a store in Maitland.
After emptying the keg I found one of the retaining clamps had fallen off the keg in the fridge and was sitting on the floor of the fridge.
It would appear that the spot welds did not penetrate deeply enough.
Cheers
Thanks for the heads up on that old keg of yours Bushbear.
We actually don't bring kegs in from the factory that created those kegs anymore.
We have been working with a completely new keg supplier and have since 2017.
This is definitely not a problem we are experiencing with our current line of kegs.
The keg and lid you have there could most likely be from the supplier our competitors still use today.

Any update as to when the hop spiders will be sent out for the Gutens that didn't come with one?
Thanks KK

Thanks for the heads up on that old keg of yours Bushbear.
We actually don't bring kegs in from the factory that created those kegs anymore.
We have been working with a completely new keg supplier and have since 2017.
This is definitely not a problem we are experiencing with our current line of kegs.
The keg and lid you have there could most likely be from the supplier our competitors still use today.

Great info there @Keg King! The OP had nothing to do with KL yet you thought that we all should know who "apparently still uses this keg manufacturer" The keg was purchased from your company, nothing to do with KL yet you still needed to have a dig at them. This constant sniping only makes you guys look like whingers.

A better way to respond should have been, "No problem mate. Those lids were our old style we now have a new version. Have you got your original purchase receipt and we'll see if it's covered under warranty"

Great info there @Keg King! The OP had nothing to do with KL yet you thought that we all should know who "apparently still uses this keg manufacturer" The keg was purchased from your company, nothing to do with KL yet you still needed to have a dig at them. This constant sniping only makes you guys look like whingers.

A better way to respond should have been, "No problem mate. Those lids were our old style we now have a new version. Have you got your original purchase receipt and we'll see if it's covered under warranty"
Yet another example of their complete lack of professionalism, no chance of doing the right thing with a refund just duck and weave and criticize the opposition, looks like they have Trump on the payroll.

Back