Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the double helix to filter on my last brew and it worked a treat, even with 80 gram of hops thrown straight in. Because the helix covered the pump intake hole, I never had a problem whirlpooling either, usually the whirlpool wont work because the pump gets blocked with hop matter.

Last edited:
I used the double helix to filter on my last brew and it worked a treat, even with 80 gram of hops thrown straight in. Because the helix covered the pump intake hole, I never had a problem whirlpooling either, usually the whirlpool wont work because the pump gets blocked with hop matter.
Any photos WEAL?

So was that chilled and the internal pump? If it was, how was the flow for using a cf chiller?

We'll be running the 70 Litre system this weekend at our brewday/warehouse warming. Anyone present can have a look and ask questions. We'll post some photos after the day.

I think that is a very good idea and lets maybe have a bit of video too. Two of our engineers will be doing this brew and it will be fermented in a gen 3 prototype FS and a snub nose FS so we can have a comparison.

So have photos gone up anywhere? I'm quite interested to see what your gen3 fermenter is looking like. Any plans to sell it in the EU?

So have photos gone up anywhere? I'm quite interested to see what your gen3 fermenter is looking like. Any plans to sell it in the EU?
Of course it will be sold in the EU and will be on show at the Brau Beviale brewing show in Germany during November this year.

We will release more information on it soon. Just getting a better idea when the production is fully available so we don’t have too many of those pesky delays that plague every new thing one manufactures. We want it to line up with the 60 litre gen3 also.

couldn't help yourself to do what?
surely it isn't THAT hard to avoid signing up to a forum under an alias to bad-mouth competition...

goddam man, keg king is real close to home and convenient, but you're making it very hard to want to shop there.

Apparently KegLand is just down the road? Saw a sign on a building or something...

Of course it will be sold in the EU and will be on show at the Brau Beviale brewing show in Germany during November this year.

We will release more information on it soon. Just getting a better idea when the production is fully available so we don’t have too many of those pesky delays that plague every new thing one manufactures. We want it to line up with the 60 litre gen3 also.

Thanks for that info, although I was going that we might get a sneak peak as you were using it with the brew at the weekend. Do you know what sizes you are doing yet?

Are you able to do a write-up on it after you have used it for people that can't be there? Good/bad points, things you might change, new features etc.
Thanks for that info, although I was going that we might get a sneak peak as you were using it with the brew at the weekend. Do you know what sizes you are doing yet?
It will be 35 and 60 litres. Will have more info and pics soon. Leben sie wirklich in Berlin?

Interesting, i could go down this route. However i feel like a purpose built false bottom or similar from KK would be ideal, if they could perhaps confirm that there is nothing like this in the pipeline, then i may need to bite the bullet

couldn't help yourself to do what?
surely it isn't THAT hard to avoid signing up to a forum under an alias to bad-mouth competition...

goddam man, keg king is real close to home and convenient, but you're making it very hard to want to shop there.

this makes FreeBSD's post history very interesting, glad i saw that post before the edit. i haven't bitten on any of the drama yet, but that one was too amusing to let go.

my own edit: looks like you can still see it in the quoted post ha

Interesting that FreeBSD chose to use an alias here, but not on reddit

this makes FreeBSD's post history very interesting, glad i saw that post before the edit. i haven't bitten on any of the drama yet, but that one was too amusing to let go.

my own edit: looks like you can still see it in the quoted post ha

Bahaha.. well, considering this forum was referenced in the legal action against KegLand I’m sure they’re going back through the post history as well. Imagine, doxxing yourself weeks into being allowed back on. Some things are priceless

I think that is a very good idea and lets maybe have a bit of video too. Two of our engineers will be doing this brew and it will be fermented in a gen 3 prototype FS and a snub nose FS so we can have a comparison.
Waiting, waiting, too busy on other threads perhaps? Oh did I repeat myself?

Back