Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez mate! I was going to do the test first ;) actually I showed a photo to a mate of mine from work, and he did say he needed another “staino” fermenter - I offered him my old Mangrove Jacks one and he said Nah I want one of these!
But I want to do a few tests (like a pressure test and lifting it by the handles) before committing to a second. Mind you with the pressure kit promised, the pressure test might be irrelevant. I’ve got to take a few action shots of my Frankenfather on the Weekend so I will give the fermenter a run as well!
Cheers Reg!
I was going to wait, I am happy with the Snubbies, but realistically the PET fermenters only have 2 or 3 years life span by which time the Guten fermenters could well be dearer. Best to get them at the intro price and its over and done. Just got to see if I can cobble something together for a bit of pressure

Any response to these?

For the gen 3 Fermentasaurus we are about a month or so off. The 35 litre version will fit in an S4 fridge without collection bottle attached. More details will be announced soon.

Re the sale happening I am not sure what you mean? Just had a look at your posts and it seems you are not well disposed towards Keg King in nearly all of them. What do we need to do to win you over?

Just had a look at your posts and it seems you are not well disposed towards Keg King in nearly all of them.
Not the case at all. Defending KL from attacks doesn't mean I am attacking you. I have called both parties out on things I don't like, perhaps you should read more of my posts.
You don't need to do anything to win me over, I'll happily buy from you when I like the product and the price.

I am specifically chasing information on the 70L Guten that was photographed in your store (I believe it was anyway) as once I settle in my new house I'll be buying a bigger system. So far the 65L Brewzilla is winning the race since I don't have any specs (or timing) to compare with.

If you aren't sure 'what I mean' about a sale, I was referring to this:
upload_2019-8-21_16-4-4.png

I was going to wait, I am happy with the Snubbies, but realistically the PET fermenters only have 2 or 3 years life span by which time the Guten fermenters could well be dearer. Best to get them at the intro price and its over and done. Just got to see if I can cobble something together for a bit of pressure
You could try these Reg.
M8-DN-63-250-ISO-K-Klammerschraube-Spannpratze.jpg

$4.50 each just change the hex nut for a wing nut.

Re the sale happening I am not sure what you mean? Just had a look at your posts and it seems you are not well disposed towards Keg King in nearly all of them. What do we need to do to win you over?

I think it's pretty clear he wants that sale...

Not the case at all. Defending KL from attacks doesn't mean I am attacking you. I have called both parties out on things I don't like, perhaps you should read more of my posts.
You don't need to do anything to win me over, I'll happily buy from you when I like the product and the price.

I am specifically chasing information on the 70L Guten that was photographed in your store (I believe it was anyway) as once I settle in my new house I'll be buying a bigger system. So far the 65L Brewzilla is winning the race since I don't have any specs (or timing) to compare with.

View attachment 116363
Too much attacking and defending going on here so I plan to keep out of it. Well we will have a fair bit to announce next month so hope we can interest you in some of that. The Guten unit is probably not available until November as there is still a lot of testing and compliance work to be done. I plan to brew with it once we have our new premises a bit better sorted out. Moving is never easy but we are getting there. So hope we can make you happy with what we will offer.

CEO Keg King just a real question - just to clarify the Guten Fermenter fits inside your kegerator?
I see you have version 4’s on special and I have calculated to build the equivalent version of a fermentation chamber would cost more ( SmartPID included)

You could try these Reg.
M8-DN-63-250-ISO-K-Klammerschraube-Spannpratze.jpg

$4.50 each just change the hex nut for a wing nut.
WEAL where would a person find these clamps
I got my Guten fermenters and put some water in one, tipped it on its side and water leaked out from the lid
As I was putting the thermometer in the other one (I got 2 of them), the stem came out of the back of the thermometer

CEO Keg King just a real question - just to clarify the Guten Fermenter fits inside your kegerator?
I see you have version 4’s on special and I have calculated to build the equivalent version of a fermentation chamber would cost more ( SmartPID included)
Don’t worry about the answer - I will measure it against the Kegland Kegerator-since it’s the same!
Cheers anyway!

I swapped a 2.6kg bottle over an hour or so ago.
Yes we have plenty of stock and good to hear people are being looked after. Still a tad behind with the moving and having to build the new grain library but we will do our best to help all.

Don’t worry about the answer - I will measure it against the Kegland Kegerator-since it’s the same!
Cheers anyway!
I believe the dimensions are identical so should fit no problem. Our new gen 3 FS will also fit the series 4.

View attachment 116363
Thanks for keeping me on my toes. We know that for our business to do well that customers have to convince themselves that we give them what they need at a decent price. Sometimes its hard to get the quality at the price level that brewers are looking for but we will keep trying for the best price/performance ratio. For the 70 litre Guten our first test brew will be next week and I plan to use some voyager malt because it has proved to be the freshest and most interesting bunch of malts that we have had in recent times. Style to be decided later today. Will do this on our big brew day Saturday week.

Whilst on the subject of malts I can tell you that we are planning the best malt/grain library in the country. We will have 100 malts for brewers to select from and they will be dispensed from our 60 litre PET grain dispensers. So the malts are kept free from pests, humidity etc but the brewer can take a good look a them and enjoy rather than just getting something out of a bag and hoping for the best. Currently we only have the 35 litre dispensers but hopeful that by the end of next month our 60 litre molds are here and then its all systems go.

We plan to offer the grain dispensers to the home brewers and LHBSs also. Pricing will be very low especially without stands. The thinking is that home brewers might like to make this part of their setup as the grains are quite decorative. It is a much better way to store the malts without messy bags. The grain library will also be large enough to be used as a function room for the local brew clubs and others who have come to have their meetings with us which always end up being a lot of fun. My aim is that we should always be part of the whole brewing community and to that end we encourage such interaction. More things are still in the pipeline.

The grain bins sound interesting. Would these be of a design that can sit on a suitable shelf and dispense from the bottom? Like a mini silo?

The grain bins sound interesting. Would these be of a design that can sit on a suitable shelf and dispense from the bottom? Like a mini silo?
We just use the FS tanks so they can be put on the metal stand but I think they look better if you have a nice piece of timber with holes cut out appropriately and maybe have a few in a row. We have made a dispensing head which basically rotates with a little handle. The more you rotate the quicker the flow. It can control quite accurately so if you put one of our $10 scales underneath you can do it from as little as a gram to kilograms in seconds. I just see it as a nice addition to a brewing setup and because the tank is transparent they really do look quite the part. A nice label with story about the malt maybe? Will certainly keep the rats from getting to the grain. Pricing not final yet but I am expecting sub $30 for the 35 litter version.

Back