Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6EE2354E-8F62-41C4-A913-C5BCD04B9E26.jpeg
Dr Chris White dropped in for a beer and caught up with some of our crew. Whitelabs yeast are of course a staple for many of our customers and we make sure they are shipped and stored to have the longest viability.

I'm guessing that's a no
Apologies for that but at a trade expo working on mobile beer trailers so time has been tight. Will have something soon. The brew with the unit went totally smooth and I think is about to get legged. Then for the best test.

It's been a week since I last asked, any chance of a short spiel and some pics soon?
I asked how it went too, I don't think there was much in the way of calculations, could be someone other than a KK employee used it but I believe it will be fired up again within the next week or so.
I want to know the volume it can turn out.

It's been a week since I last asked, any chance of a short spiel and some pics soon?
Here is what I got from the guy who did the brew:

I did a brew on the guten 70 two weeks ago whilst working the shop, so not a standard brew day.

Did a 50ltr batch, started with warm water, got up to strike quickly, ran it max power, no dramas.

Telescopic overflow pipe was great, easy to use and well sealed.

3 steps on the malt pipe were great for getting the malt pipe out for the kettle.

Came upto boil in reasonable time @ max power and maintained a rolling boil @2500 W.

Boil hops in spider.

Used whirlpool arm and immersion chiller to cool the wort, no filter on the pump, had no problems with it.

Pumped the wort in the fermenters after the whirlpool, had a nice cone of trub at the end.

Clean up was a breeze.

And the beer tastes great.

Also, the beer is currently on tap in the shop for samples. It's really good, so it won't last long.

The only useful comments in there were that it has a telescopic overflow pipe and 3 steps on the malt pipe.
Can you please provide some more info and pics on these and any other new features?

I asked how it went too, I don't think there was much in the way of calculations, could be someone other than a KK employee used it but I believe it will be fired up again within the next week or so.
I want to know the volume it can turn out.
The only useful comments in there were that it has a telescopic overflow pipe and 3 steps on the malt pipe.
Can you please provide some more info and pics on these and any other new features?
I think what the Brewer was saying that it was a bit like what we are seeing on the Guten Facebook pages. Basically a bunch of people happily making their favourites without anything much going wrong. Apart from the things he mentioned like the new telescopic pipe etc the machine works like the well known 40 and 50 litre models. Let’s you reliably make good beer with little hassle. Maybe if you could make it to our next brew day you could check it out.

Attachments

• E760E999-F88D-4924-8BD1-BB5D31A6A5F1.jpeg
    E760E999-F88D-4924-8BD1-BB5D31A6A5F1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
When you do one in Brisbane I'll do my best to get there.

So are there any other new features except the telescopic overflow pipe and stepped malt pipe?
Is it possible to get more info on the above two items as well?

HI @Keg King
I just purchased a Fermentasaurus snub, cant wait to use it.
Question, are these marks / discolourations normal, and will they have any effect on the quality of my ferment or pose any issue with the integrity of the vessel under pressure?
also I didn't receive any owners manual so I'm not sure what the "approved list of chemicals" is that I can expose it to.
Cheers, Looking forward to your reply.
71534606_688561871625389_4376555946453762048_n.jpg
70776823_684161552049861_4117397581158416384_n.jpg

Last edited:
So these new fermenters on FB look great. How are you going to release the first round? First come first serve, or some sort of pre-order list?

HI @Keg King
I just purchased a Fermentasaurus snub, cant wait to use it.
Question, are these marks / discolourations normal, and will they have any effect on the quality of my ferment or pose any issue with the integrity of the vessel under pressure?
also I didn't receive any owners manual so I'm not sure what the "approved list of chemicals" is that I can expose it to.
Cheers, Looking forward to your reply.
View attachment 116589 View attachment 116590
You can send me an email ([email protected]) and I will send you manual either as PDF or by post. The marks should not be an issue but if you have concerns we can arrange a new tank for you.

So these new fermenters on FB look great. How are you going to release the first round? First come first serve, or some sort of pre-order list?
That is a fair question. We might do a pre-sale with some incentive for those who are keen to go early.

Maybe one from each state gets a Fermetasaurus 3 at cost to write a review, or a prize for the next giveaway.
We're just fine tuning G3 for release and we'll be doing first come first served for the first couple hundred. Expect end of November at this point for the first units to be available. There are working units being tested and even a couple on display in our retail outlet to showcase the cleaning system and mini temp control system named the Thermentor King. We're really excited with the performance and small foot print of the these little temp control units. They're an excellent add on feature of the G3 fermenter but also have the ability to work in other applications such as chilling kegs.

Back