Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really close to taking the punt on the 35L BrewZilla to take me into all Grain territory... have you got anything exciting in the works for this or are you having any fathers day sales I should hold out for?

I am really close to taking the punt on the 35L BrewZilla to take me into all Grain territory... have you got anything exciting in the works for this or are you having any fathers day sales I should hold out for?
Well why don‘t you pop over for a look at our Guten units and I am sure you will like things like the power control and high quality finish. Brew day on Saturday the 31st and there will be a lot of Brewers with experience whom you could hit up for their take on what works well. I will by trying the first 70 litre unit that day with a little help from one of our 10 brewers on staff.

We just use the FS tanks so they can be put on the metal stand but I think they look better if you have a nice piece of timber with holes cut out appropriately and maybe have a few in a row. We have made a dispensing head which basically rotates with a little handle. The more you rotate the quicker the flow. It can control quite accurately so if you put one of our $10 scales underneath you can do it from as little as a gram to kilograms in seconds. I just see it as a nice addition to a brewing setup and because the tank is transparent they really do look quite the part. A nice label with story about the malt maybe? Will certainly keep the rats from getting to the grain. Pricing not final yet but I am expecting sub $30 for the 35 litter version.
That would be fantastic!

Could you help out with a few Qs about gas bottles:
- do you fill bottles or just swap them?
- do you still not fill/swap kegland bottles?
- if you can fill as opposed to swap, what about soda stream bottles - can you fill them?

Could you help out with a few Qs about gas bottles:
- do you fill bottles or just swap them?
- do you still not fill/swap kegland bottles?
- if you can fill as opposed to swap, what about soda stream bottles - can you fill them?
We both fill and swap. Yes we can fill a Kegland bottle as long as its within time. Actually we have seen quite a few Kegland bottles that have Keg King embossed into the metal and with our worksafe registration number.

Currently we do not have any refillable sodastream bottles. One thing that we do have in the pipeline though is a 1.25Kg refillable going through the design registration process. It will be ideal to take camping etc.

Last edited:
Are those legs adjustable? And I presume you can pick them up by the handles, really do look tempting especially as I can get 2 into the fridge. What do you think Kenf about the chances of thm holding some pressure as is, just for carbonating.
Well I did the lift test and yes you can lift 25 litres with the handles! And no in its current condition it won’t hold pressure.
Next test - will it fit in my fermentation chamber wit a PLAATO on?

We just use the FS tanks so they can be put on the metal stand but I think they look better if you have a nice piece of timber with holes cut out appropriately and maybe have a few in a row. We have made a dispensing head which basically rotates with a little handle. The more you rotate the quicker the flow. It can control quite accurately so if you put one of our $10 scales underneath you can do it from as little as a gram to kilograms in seconds. I just see it as a nice addition to a brewing setup and because the tank is transparent they really do look quite the part. A nice label with story about the malt maybe? Will certainly keep the rats from getting to the grain. Pricing not final yet but I am expecting sub $30 for the 35 litter version.
I reckon that would look pretty schmick.

Well after a disastrous brew day with the Frankenfather- I’m pleased to say the Guten Conical works perfectly so far!
I was able to lift it to waste height full of wort and it must be sealing ok because the PLAATO is working like it’s supposed to! Now I know how easy it is to handle I might have to get me another!
Cheers KegKing!

Well on a happier note my Guten Conical Fermenter has arrived. First impressions? It is more heavily built than I expected!
It looks really neat! Sorry Keg King I use a Smartpid to control my fermentation chamber, so the lovely little thermometer has been replaced by a thermowell.
Can’t wait to try it out!
Looking forward to the pressure kit as well!
Cheers and thx!
(Oh and I paid the preorder price - just in case people are wondering ;) )
Hey Kenf,
How'd you go drilling for the thermowell? I want to do the same but keep chickening out - any tips?
Cheers

Hey Kenf,
How'd you go drilling for the thermowell? I want to do the same but keep chickening out - any tips?
Cheers
Really gently, but I was surprised by the thickness of the stainless.
Luckily I had a drill that was almost the same size then I used a grinding stone to enlarge the hole. Pity I didn’t use a 20mm one because I had a plug cutter for that!
But maybe a stepped drill?

Are you able to do a write-up on it after you have used it for people that can't be there? Good/bad points, things you might change, new features etc.

Yep. We can provide a report on our experience with it after the brewday.

I think that is a very good idea and lets maybe have a bit of video too. Two of our engineers will be doing this brew and it will be fermented in a gen 3 prototype FS and a snub nose FS so we can have a comparison.

I think that is a very good idea and lets maybe have a bit of video too. Two of our engineers will be doing this brew and it will be fermented in a gen 3 prototype FS and a snub nose FS so we can have a comparison.
Looking forward to seeing the Fermentasaurus 3, (the bottom half)

Just taken delivery of a snubnose - all good - but opening quite small.

How do you guys clean your snubnose after kegging ?

Just taken delivery of a snubnose - all good - but opening quite small.

How do you guys clean your snubnose after kegging ?
Just fill up with some luke warm water and sodium perc and the Krausen ring just falls away, any stubborn stains, a piece of wood with a rag tied around the end. Or ask the wife to clean it.:)

Just fill up with some luke warm water and sodium perc and the Krausen ring just falls away, any stubborn stains, a piece of wood with a rag tied around the end. Or ask the wife to clean it.:)

Thanks Cian - Got a brew on at the moment so I'll give it a go after transfer. - Like the wife suggestion :D

Haven't used mine yet. Got it with the fathers day deal, but I will hit the wife up once I've dirtied it.

Latest posts

Back