Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another example of their complete lack of professionalism, no chance of doing the right thing with a refund just duck and weave and criticize the opposition, looks like they have Trump on the payroll.

Wonder when it was the 'competitor' launched? may explain why they got a new supplier? Possibly from necessity rather than need. @FarsideOfCrazy they have enough keg issues with cracked dip tubes in their new kegs so cut them some slack!

Any update as to when the hop spiders will be sent out for the Gutens that didn't come with one?
Thanks KK
I had one, only used it once, the mesh is to fine and doesn't utilise the hops. I don't know if there are plans for a better alternative seems to be a few complaints about the KL and KK hop spiders.

Great info there @Keg King! The OP had nothing to do with KL yet you thought that we all should know who "apparently still uses this keg manufacturer" The keg was purchased from your company, nothing to do with KL yet you still needed to have a dig at them. This constant sniping only makes you guys look like whingers.

A better way to respond should have been, "No problem mate. Those lids were our old style we now have a new version. Have you got your original purchase receipt and we'll see if it's covered under warranty"
Looked to me that Bushbear was just letting KK know of a potential problem, and not asking for a refund. KL do still use those kegs so he was pointed in the right direction for a replacement.

Looked to me that Bushbear was just letting KK know of a potential problem, and not asking for a refund. KL do still use those kegs so he was pointed in the right direction for a replacement.
Wtf! Does it have a KK or KL sticker on the keg?

Doesn't matter whats on the side of the keg, the point is a spare can be had from KL, as stated KK do not stock those kegs any longer so cannot help Bushbear.
From what I've witnessed all lids are universal. I have 5 kegs made by different manufacturer and all lids are the same spec.

Maybe they are the same maybe they are not, I think the way I would have approached the issue is go back to the retailer, show him the problem and let him deal with it. Remember there was a lot of those 9.5 litre cornie kegs from that manufacturer were being returned with pin hole leaks on the bottom weld may have been a thread on it. Could be possible there may be some of those were stripped and the keg dumped. Let the retailer deal with the problem.

Maybe they are the same maybe they are not, I think the way I would have approached the issue is go back to the retailer, show him the problem and let him deal with it. Remember there was a lot of those 9.5 litre cornie kegs from that manufacturer were being returned with pin hole leaks on the bottom weld may have been a thread on it. Could be possible there may be some of those were stripped and the keg dumped. Let the retailer deal with the problem.
I think this post nails it, correct procedure, take goods back to from where they were purchased, any warranty issues, if any, get sorted from there. Seeing as Bushbear stated he only got into kegging 8 months ago I would be asking for a proof of purchase.
Also it would be better not to respond to posts who are devout KL fans trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Just assimilate them along with all the chickens who think Colonel Sanders is a great guy.

Any update as to when the hop spiders will be sent out for the Gutens that didn't come with one?
Thanks KK
Hi Fergy.
We just got resupplied on Monday and are putting these into our stock system now. We have a list of systems sold with hop socks instead of spiders and will be shipping out end of this week to brewers who need them. Cheers

@Keg King How do you tighten the spunding valves onto the ball lock connectors? Do you just use thread sealant? Ive noticed when its fully tight the gauge is facing downwards

Usually the threading works for getting the gauge to come all the way around, but when it doesn't you can just use a 1/4 Nylon Flare Washer Olive for MFL Fittings (part 9074). Works a treat.

Hey @CEO Keg King

Ive had my eye on the Series 4 Triple ultra tap kegerator.

It's been advertised at the sale price of $403 with stock expected 18/11.

When I first checked out let me put longer in the cart and price adjusted to $403. Tried again a few days ago and it won't let you add to cart... Just said available after 18/11.

Now I noticed the the banner ad for the sale price is gone.

Just wanted to check in that if in order one when they come in on 18/11 that the sake price will be honoured?

Cheers
@Keg King or @CEO Keg King

Are the series 4 kegerator in stock yet.

It was saying available 18/11 for a long time.

I really need to get one but I'm keen on a series 4 bargain.

Usually the threading works for getting the gauge to come all the way around, but when it doesn't you can just use a 1/4 Nylon Flare Washer Olive for MFL Fittings (part 9074). Works a treat.
No...with it fully tightened the gauge points down the same way as the connector.
ill get that olive though.

Any updates on the g3 fermenter king upgrade kits for the fermentasaurus ? Are they in a container somewhere or are they still being manufactured ? I’m still running the gen 1 and very keen to get rid of the old valve !

Does the Guten 40L have a timer so that its possible to set a temperature for the mash the night before and be it at temp at a specific time the next day ready to mash in?
Also is it good practice to pump cooled wort from the Guten to the fermenter using the onboard pump?

Latest posts

Back