Keg King C02 Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aces High

Reaction score
I have had my keg king reg for just almost 2 years. I usually set the psi at 10 and it holds steady at 10 constantly. After the last C02 refill it has started creeping up. It now gets close to 20 psi and I can't adjust it any lower.

Ive just come back from 2 weeks away to find it almost on 20 psi and all my beer is over carbed. I turned the ball lock tap off at the bottom of the reg to stop it pushing any more c02 into the lines and when i came back the next day the gauge was up around 60psi even though the ball lock valve is still closed. I pulled the safety and it dropped back to zero, then started to creep up again.

Any ideas? Could the C02 bottle be over filled or is the reg possible cactus?

I do have a non return valve, so no beer has gotten into it.

Have you had beer come back into the reg? Got one way valves in there?

You reg is cactus. Be a hole in the diaphragm somewhere.
Buy a new one.

Can you get a kit for these ones, I know the better brands offer kits.

Using a large adjustable wrench, remove the front cover. Check inside the diaphragm housing and check to see if any metal filings or other matter has been left behind in the asembly process. Remove the diaphragm and clean it with warm water and a splash of keg and line cleaner. Re-assemble. See if it's still the same. it doesn't take a very big bit of brass/metal to stop the diaphragm from closing off when it should.

See how it goes.

Might have a replacement diaphragm here laying around you could have for free.

Cheers,
Martin

Thanks all. I'll take it apart and see how i go

Back