Keg King ABS Perlick Style Taps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
I was at the LHBS the other day when one of the guys showed my the new keg king taps...they are made all plastic. they look cheap as! any one else seen em?

They look like perlick copies don't they?

They look flimsy, cheap and nasty

joshuahardie said:
They look like perlick copies don't they?

They look flimsy, cheap and nasty

I can't believe the crap coming on the market the last few years.

batz

Yep and they are the taps that are currently supplied with Keg King Kegerators., I've got them on mine atm (only cause I havent got off my arse and refitted my andale) and while they aren't the worst taps in the world, they do feel cheap being made from plastic. They do the job but I dont plan on using them long term (depending on how lazy I am).

More info found on their website.

They waffel on how good they are. Really ??? Think I'll stick with my perlicks.

WoolBrew

KegKing Taps.jpg

Hi All,

Just looking at getting the KegKing Series 3 Fridge and its going to cost me basically the same to order the Fridge without taps/font/fittings/regulator directly from KK as its going to cost to get one from a reseller to get the whole package..

To have the fridge will cost $475 delivered
To have complete package will be $499 + Freight (waiting to hear back from ebay seller)

Starting to make we wonder should I get the whole package and see how it goes?? It comes with the Plastic Perlicks style tap which even though i was going to use 525ss if I ever used a font setup, maybe the issue of warm taps might not be as bad with plastic?

I was going to just use the fridge as a fridge and have a pluto gun inside to avoid having any foaming/warm beer issues but if its going to cost nearly the same maybe I should give it a try?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRIPLE-3-TAP-KEG-BEER-FRIDGE-REFRIGER-ATOR-KEGERATOR-DISPENSER-MASTER-/290857664417?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item43b877bfa1&_uhb=1#shId

So, if anyone knows my setup I already have 6 perlick flow control taps on a goal post font and am very happy with the setup.
I recently acquired a Keg King kegerator, that came with a three tap tower font. Its a circular font with all three taps pointing in different directions. The taps feel flimsy plastic rubbish and a search on here suggests maybe they are....
I'd like to upgrade the taps to perlick flow control (dont ask why I need 9 taps - I do) and I'm guessing the shanks too as I tried to fit up a FC perlick to the current shank/adapter and it doesnt fit.
I've pm'd warmbeer as I saw a similar setup of his.
Does anyone actually know if three perlick FC + shanks can fit the kegking round tower font and which shanks I need? The ones sold at craftbrewer are a different configuration (not sure if that matters? maybe its a different diameter?)
Somebody help me!!!
cheer,
mckenry

The picnic taps people waffled on about how good they were are plastic too. Fwiw. I've seen those, touched them, besides any possible bad surfaces inside, I don't see why they'd be any worse than regular perlicks. Same shape, operating mech, no electrics, non temp conductive. Light weight, so if you have a flimsy font tower it would actually be good. My perlicks flow controls cause the font to lean a little (only bolted to the lid metal).

Anyway, aren't glass fermenters better than plastic ones.

So, would you like to swap your perlick flow controls for my plastic, same shape, operating mech, brand new, unused KK taps practicalfool?
That way, your font wont lean.

Hehe. That thought did cross my mind but I'd hate the line length ;)

Seriously though, if I were given some for free or close to that, I wouldn't be rushing to change.

mckenry said:
So, if anyone knows my setup I already have 6 perlick flow control taps on a goal post font and am very happy with the setup.
I recently acquired a Keg King kegerator, that came with a three tap tower font. Its a circular font with all three taps pointing in different directions. The taps feel flimsy plastic rubbish and a search on here suggests maybe they are....
I'd like to upgrade the taps to perlick flow control (dont ask why I need 9 taps - I do) and I'm guessing the shanks too as I tried to fit up a FC perlick to the current shank/adapter and it doesnt fit.
Does anyone actually know if three perlick FC + shanks can fit the kegking round tower font and which shanks I need? The ones sold at craftbrewer are a different configuration (not sure if that matters? maybe its a different diameter?)
Somebody help me!!!
cheer,
mckenry

I'm running 3 perlick fc on a craftbrewer supplied font on a keg king. Works great

mckenry said:
Somebody help me!!!
cheer,
mckenry

I'm running 3 perlick fc on a craftbrewer supplied font on a keg king. Works great

My mate picked up a couple of the plastic forward sealing keg king taps.
They feel flimsy during use and one's already leaking after only a couple of months.
You get what you pay for.

Back