Keg King 200 litre pots - anyone have one?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can't provide you with the answer you were after as I am not sure how thick it is, I did notice that the handles were welded on.
With that in mind, I suspect it is thick enough for someone skilled at welding to be able to weld fittings onto the pot.
Perhaps send the question through to KK and ask them how much they would charge to organize someone to weld the required fitting on the pot for you.

Cheers

Roller

They are thin, but can be welded by a TIG no problems. My mate has a couple and is arranging for it to be done soon. I think someone experienced enough would be ok to MIG it too. Also check the actual volume, they are no where near 200L.

QldKev said:
They are thin, but can be welded by a TIG no problems. My mate has a couple and is arranging for it to be done soon. I think someone experienced enough would be ok to MIG it too. Also check the actual volume, they are no where near 200L.
They are listed as 600mm diam and 700mm high which is @ 198L, so are the dimensions incorrect ?

Yep, they are incorrect. I cant remember the exact numbers, but I think they are both skinner and shorter. I think it was 170-175L?. Next time I'm over my mates I'll get the real numbers. I believe the size issue will be resolved in the next version :ph34r:

QldKev said:
Yep, they are incorrect. I cant remember the exact numbers, but they are both skinner and shorter. I think it was 170-175L?. Next time I'm over my mates I'll get the real numbers. I believe the size issue will be resolved in the next version :ph34r:
So they've been measured with a fallacious phallus ruler, adding on a good 15% :ph34r:

Info form the wholesale side.

200L & 100L Stainless Steel Pot These large 200litre and 100L stainless steel pots are suitable for home brewers or nano-breweries that want to build their own system. The pots are made from 1mm thick 304 grade stainless steel. The lids come with a silicon seal and secure with several stainless clamps for an airtight seal. The pots also are made with strong welded handles on the sides.
Hope that helps.

Just went to order these, and now they're labelled as 185 litre pots. (title still says "200 litre")

Same dimensions though, and 600mm dia, 700mm length works out to be 198 litres.

Confused.

These type of pots sometimes taper down a little bit, so cylinder volume calculations are not always correct.

Well you're probably not realistically going to fill them to the brim while brewing right? So 15 litres headroom might be what they're getting at?

The current batch are not 600mm dia x 700mm tall, I remember my mate saying they were 3cm smaller.
Just checked the maths,
if I make the height 670mm then thats 189L
if I make the dia 570mm then that is 178L which is about what I think they are.

I've left a message on my mates mobile, hopefully when he gets into town tonight he can check the sizes.

He checked his measurements, 575mm dia, 695mm height, 180L

hello, I have one.
I can confidently tell you they are not 200l - they are 185litres capacity - to the brim.
Although they not quite 600mm diameter and 700mm height. Noticed some people here measured the dimensions more carefully then me.

I have a dipstick, I made using professionally calibrated scales. 1 litre of water = 1 kg on the scales. Water density table adjusted to 19C on that days - since 1litre = 1 kg is actually at 4C

I have a weld-less tap at the bottom of it. Not actually used it yet, plan to bring water to the boil in it on a Italian spiral burner with medium regulator, both from beerbelly. I hope it reached boiling point.
The bottom seams pretty thin to me at about 1mm

Since asking the original question years ago, I now have 3x of these pots.
Two of them arrived with minor dents in them, which I was really not happy about. (Since then KK has added the option to ship them on a palette.)
The local metal shop was able to weld in a threaded pipe OK (it wasn't a very neat job, but I don't think that was the fault of the pot).

They are pretty good pots. My kettle just sits outside in the weather, now for ~18 months or so, no rust at all.
I regularly cook-up the wort on a 32-port "Mongolian" gas ring - no scorching has even happened.

My biggest batch so far has only been 60 litres though. One day I'd like to push it to 150ish litres. Yeah, that'd be good.

hello, I have one.
I can confidently tell you they are not 200l - they are 185litres capacity - to the brim.
Although they not quite 600mm diameter and 700mm height. Noticed some people here measured the dimensions more carefully then me.

I have a dipstick, I made using professionally calibrated scales. 1 litre of water = 1 kg on the scales. Water density table adjusted to 19C on that days - since 1litre = 1 kg is actually at 4C

I have a weld-less tap at the bottom of it. Not actually used it yet, plan to bring water to the boil in it on a Italian spiral burner with medium regulator, both from beerbelly. I hope it reached boiling point.
The bottom seams pretty thin to me at about 1mm

UPDATE
I have brewed in mine over 10 times now. Largest amount of water I've added is 130l
I have a weldless tap at the bottom and a weldless thermometer also.
Its a giant BIAB. I can tell anyone how long it takes to heat and come to the boil etc using an Italian Spiral burner.
So far so good. I'm trying to order a 2d but they are out of stock. I need to find a 2nd 185-250 litre ss pot.

Back