Keg ID?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRising

Reaction score
I managed to pick up this keg today at a local shit tip/ recyclers. $20, not too sure if its a good price or not, its a full sized keg not too sure if its Euro or DIN or what type coupler is needed.

Its stainless and coated in what i presume is rubber, a few scratches but it seems to be in good condition.

I feel like i got a good deal.

20210303_162314.jpg 20210303_162322.jpg

Looks like it may belong to The Hills Cider Company if you picked it up from recyclers for $20 its most likely either still their property or they have sold it for scrap for some reason.

Looks like it may belong to The Hills Cider Company if you picked it up from recyclers for $20 its most likely either still their property or they have sold it for scrap for some reason.

Hmm, the Hills Cider Company started in 2010 so the keg is at most 11 years old, suppose the right thing to do is phone them and ask if they want their keg back, i wouldn't guess they'd get their lawyers involved over a single misplaced keg but you never know.

It seems a bit odd they left the spear in if it were buggered and they took it to a recycler, maybe a metal recycler didn't take it because of the rubber coating.

I had a good look over it and didn't see any cracks or indents in the rubber but i will need to buy a coupler and give it a proper leak test.

Edit*** Looks like its a 50L euro style with an A type coupler.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back