Keg Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz23

Reaction score
Hello i am starting to get some equipment together to start a home brew... i would like to setup up a keg system .. I went to the brew shop and they were selling kits for about $450 with 2 kegs ( I am in Perth ) .. just wondering if there is a cheaper way of setting it up ??? any help would be great

Welcome to ahb, hope your stay is pleasant. its not clear from your post if you have any homebrew equipment already. could you list what was in the $450 kit ?

cheers

This offer has been posted on this site for a while.
2 keg system landed in Perth for less than $400?

Keg System Special

I think you'll have to be quick though. June only I believe.

I ended up paying about $450 for mine, can't complain as it was convenient and if I had any problems they could be fixed locally (TWOC). Have since bought a couple of kegs from ultimate air.

Try TWOC (probably where you did?) or try Ultimate Air in Osborne park (you will probably need a seal kit to fix their kegs as they are as-is). I am sure there are other shops that sell them as well.

Beside that if you search for Kegs from the US here you will see where you can get them via ebay, 12week wait but perhaps cheaper. Get your reg in Aus however as I think the yanks have different threads etc.

Hope that helps.

hi thats for the reply .. havent bought anything yet .. but its the keg kit i am after first ..

Cheers

search for Kegs from the US here you will see where you can get them via ebay, 12week wait but perhaps cheaper. Get your reg in Aus however as I think the yanks have different threads etc.

Hey Jaz,

I totally agree with Jason on this. I recently setup a keg system and the thread size on the regulators and cylinders are different to that here in Aus (I learnt that the hard way :angry: ). I would get everything except the regulator and cylinder over ebay from the US, I got my stuff from Tom Hargrave Sales and it only took 10 days (pretty lucky). Then get a regulator from Andale if you can, about $80, they are pretty much the cheapest guys around for everything. As for a co2 cylinder I went for a fire extinguisher and ended up picking a 3.5kg one up for $100, tested and filled.

Good Luck
Jye

Back