Keg Help Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistol

Reaction score
Just started kegging and have to say beats bottleing to shite!

Anyway I have a 2 keg set up and one is pouring fine.

I've discovered the other is blocked because of hop debris from dry hopping which I didn't filter out and now the keg won't pour, how the fek can I fix this now?

Cheers,

Hook up a beer quick disconnect to you gas line and blast it clear. It could get blocked again so if you can leave the beer QD hooked up to the gas (if you have the splitters).

Cheers Cranky. LOL, sounds like I'm talking to the wife. :)

Will have to get someone to help as don't have any spares or spliters in line, take it there's no other way?

Hook up a beer quick disconnect to you gas line and blast it clear. It could get blocked again so if you can leave the beer QD hooked up to the gas (if you have the splitters).

If you have a non-return valve, take your gas IN QD off, crank your reg up so it's definately higher pressure than your keg - and click it on the beer OUT post for a second or two.

Works fine (I just did it with ball valve QDs) - just have to be quick clicking it on as there's a bit of leakage.

You could unscrew the post pull the tube out,blast it with hose,sanitise it and reinsert it.

Sorry Nick, what does a non return valve look/ feel like? I'm blind and managed to hook the lot up but this is annoying me.

And what am I clicking on the beer out post?

If you have a non-return valve, take your gas IN QD off, crank your reg up so it's definately higher pressure than your keg - and click it on the beer OUT post for a second or two.

Works fine (I just did it with ball valve QDs) - just have to be quick clicking it on as there's a bit of leakage.

Sorry Nick, what does a non return valve look/ feel like?

Don't do what I suggested if you don't have a non-return valve. It's a little thing that sits on your gas line between the regulator and the kegs and stops beer going into your regulator and junking it.

If you don't feel confident doing what I suggested, you're better to do what DU99 suggested.

Are you vision impaired, or very pissed? The way you say "feel" makes me think the former.

Cheers guys, will get a hand to do it tommorrow.

Couple of Lazy ones on tap at the moment, Ross's Bright ans NS ale, NS is the one stuck

Back