Keg Fridge Temperature

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
hi guys, just wondering what temp do you have your keg temperature set on and why you chose that temperature. also do you set your fridge for bottles at a different temp.
cheers
fergi

between 2-4c. but i dont have my taps connected directly to my fridge, i have a font on a bar with 1+m of line going from fridge to bar with no temprite or flooded font, so by the time i pull a beer i reckon its warmed about 1-2c and lets off some great hop aroma when it comes through.

My chest freezer has 4 kegs in it. The fridgemate is set a 2 deg C with a 2 deg C differential to save start up power. The 160 litre F&P freezer uses 26c of electricity per week with a computer fan running 24/7

Steve

5C +/-1C
bottles and kegs in the fridge. that seems to be a pretty good starting drinking temp for my liking.

between 2-4c. but i dont have my taps connected directly to my fridge, i have a font on a bar with 1+m of line going from fridge to bar with no temprite or flooded font, so by the time i pull a beer i reckon its warmed about 1-2c and lets off some great hop aroma when it comes through.

I have the same setup but outdoors. I have the same 2c for the same result for a really good beer. On hot days where the freezer/taps can get some sun i target 0-1c to minimize waste but can freeze the lines trying!

Chesty sits between 1 and 4 deg C. Out of the tap it's a little warmer but not my much.

Mines about 7C....I need to get a fridgemate for control, cos thats with the thermostat at its lowest setting, and its just too damn cold. <_<

Mines about 7C....I need to get a fridgemate for control, cos thats with the thermostat at its lowest setting, and its just too damn cold. dry.gif
Why not just stick them in the cupboard butters?

LOL im soo jalous of all you keg guys..

might have to as for one as a Xmas pressie from the GF.

Mines about 7C....I need to get a fridgemate for control, cos thats with the thermostat at its lowest setting, and its just too damn cold. <_<

A cheaper option is a simple timer. Have the freezer set to come on for 10mins every 1/2hr - 1hr. and check the temp every hr and see how you go!

LOL im soo jalous of all you keg guys..

might have to as for one as a Xmas pressie from the GF.
I'm getting a keg setup for Xmas - bought a chest freezer last night and picked up a fridgemate at lunchtime. Kegs and the rest to come in the next couple of weeks.

As for temperature, I'm probably going to start at 6C +/-1C and see how that goes for a bit.

hi guys, just wondering what temp do you have your keg temperature set on and why you chose that temperature. also do you set your fridge for bottles at a different temp.
cheers
fergi

I keep my fridge just below 0C. Love my cold beer.
Bob

A cheaper option is a simple timer. Have the freezer set to come on for 10mins every 1/2hr - 1hr. and check the temp every hr and see how you go!

Yeah, I'd considered this....but in its current location, its a pita cos it shares a power point. If I have pints instead of halves, by the time I get 1/3 of the way in, the temperatures risen anyway. Another excuse to drink pints. :lol:

Cheaper maybe, but will not keep your beer at a constant temperature if the ambient temp changes. Also fridges generally swing by about 10c anyway.
Use a little of the money you saved from not buying commercial beer & invest in a controller that works properly :)

Cheers Ross

Cheaper maybe, but will not keep your beer at a constant temperature if the ambient temp changes. Also fridges generally swing by about 10c anyway.
Use a little of the money you saved from not buying commercial beer & invest in a controller that works properly :)

Cheers Ross

Yeah, I'd considered this Ross...pita setting it on a day by day basis. I kinda struck lucky with the fridge location, it's right in a sweet spot in the house where ambient temperature fluctuation is minimised, and the swing inside is actually pretty minimal, surprisingly (it's much better than my food fridge :lol: )....3C ish under preffered, but reasonably constant, is more preferable to me than warmer, but with bigger fluctuation....but a temp controller (or two) is definately in the not too distant future......mmm christmas, followed shortly by a birthday..... ;)

Ales taste better at 8C anyway IMHO. I like stout at 8C and also icy cold too. Real cold seems to kill the bitterness.

Ales taste better at 8C anyway IMHO. I like stout at 8C and also icy cold too. Real cold seems to kill the bitterness.

Real cold kills all flavour IMHO. I prefer american styles at 8, english at 11, stout at 15.

Real cold kills all flavour IMHO. I prefer american styles at 8, english at 11, stout at 15.

not leaving the beer in the keg long enough does too :chug:

BTW

I have my kegs running through a temprite. Only prob is the kegs are at ambient and a real PITA on hot hays.
The intention is to convert a fridge or get them into a fridge and run beer line through the temprite.
depends on what I decide when I get off my lazy a*se

Latest posts

Back