• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Keg For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoonta

Reaction score
Hi guy just got back from cashing in some of my scrap cooper will I was there (Srap metals W.A cooper ave Kenwick ) I notice He had a few 50l kegs kicking about so asked how much he wanted for them and he said $25 each

Don't suppose anyone has their number the one in the Whitepages is their Fax number :(

Cheers
Slampt

sorry should have put that bit in 94523434 same as fax

Handy find spoonta. Cheaper than when they pop up on gumtree as well.

Cheers for that, I am gonna try and head down tomorrow, hopefully he will still have some then.. :p
(I live near Ellenbrook so a bit of trek is involved)

Slampt

Good stuff, Spoonta! My new HLT. Just got the bloke to hold me one, he has three left.
Cheers, John.

cool john when you comen round so I can cut the bad boy up for ya

to cool give me a call as I will have to go to the big green shed for some cutting discs

Thanks Spoonta
Picked the last two up.

There was also a tall cub keg prob around 25L, with a tap attachment.
If anyone is interested didnt ask how much it was though.

Cheers now to cut em up :)

Thanks Spoonta
Picked the last two up.

There was also a tall cub keg prob around 25L, with a tap attachment.
If anyone is interested didnt ask how much it was though.

Cheers now to cut em up :)

I just picked up mine. He also has 2 smaller kegs, with what appeared to be about 2 inch threads in the top. This might be what wood88 is referring to, maybe not. The ones I saw where about three quarters of the height of a standard CUB keg. They are full of shit, but nothing a soak in nappysan won't fix. I also noticed another short, fat keg. At a guess, would be about 35 litres...
Cheers, John.

Dan Murphys Southern River has 2 out the back sitting next to the bin. The Mrs wouldn't jump up & throw them in the boot for me. :(

cool john when you comen round so I can cut the bad boy up for ya
sorry if i've hijacked this thread but is there any safety concerns with cutting up kegs? as in old beer in it possibble gases, boom?
i have a keg but haven't cut it up yet and it has some residual beer in it but is about 4 years old

sorry if i've hijacked this thread but is there any safety concerns with cutting up kegs? as in old beer in it possibble gases, boom?
i have a keg but haven't cut it up yet and it has some residual beer in it but is about 4 years old
Depressurize it, then cut. Simple. If it cub style then the handle of a screwdriver pressing in the ball valve on the keg. Be careful as if there is a lot of pressure you'll wear the beer.

stamped but he will give you a receipt

If they are stamped, they belong to said brewery - the fact he has given you a receipt means nothing & would not prtect you if prosecuted; you may as well just steal some from your local pub.

Cheers Ross

Hey Spoonta,

I didn't get a chance to get down there in time, blasted work!
Will have to keep looking around. I am trying to get hold of 3 50lt so I can build a better rig (I currently do BIAB out of a cheap aluminium pot) Desperately need an upgrade!

Slampt

Latest posts

Back