Keg fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonenose

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought some second hand corny kegs with ball lock posts, so I am now looking at buying disconnects and possibly a couple new posts. Is there any difference in the various brands etc. or are they all compatible?
Cheers.

The SS one's from keg king are what I'll be upgrading to, they're not cheap. Standard disconnects are not all made equally, Cornelius and GMB are both quality products. Always use lube and connect squarely; ie trying to force a connector from funny not quite right angles will scratch the internal sealing surface.

Understand quality may vary, just wanted to confirm that they are all compatible.

Posts internal threads will vary as there were a number variations and manufacturers over the years. Kegking posts only fit theirs and Cornelius brand kegs, not firestone or spartenburg. Poppet seals also vary between manufacturers but the kegking universal poppets do a good job across multiple posts.

Latest posts

Back