keg esky. good idea or not?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan6

Reaction score
I'm after a way to take a keg camping or to a party, and not sure the best way to do it. i have seen eskys with coils inside but i havent seen any with small kegs inside. is there any problems with puting two 5L or 9L kegs inside an esky and setting up taps on the side of it? is it not good for the keg to sit in water or something. i have never used a keg before so im not really sure what to do yet.
thanks for the help
ryan

Some blokes here have gotten 100+ litre techni-ice eskys and put full 19L cornies in them
there was a pic in either the camping setup or kegging setup thread, can't remember which one, sorry

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:59463]

Four cutouts in the corners can be taken out to fill with ice, keeps beer cold for 24 hours and longer with one fill.
For anyone in Brisbane, I have an ongoing supply of those boxes and am happy for any that I don't need to add to the recycling bin.

Cheers I found it in a camping thread. That is what I was after could find anyone else that made one, so wasn't sure if it would work. Looks like I have to make one now and start kegging.

Back