• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Keg Dimensions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all im looking at buying a chest freezer to fit 19litre kegs in. i dont want to buy it and then have the kegs not fit.
can someone help me out with dimensions please
thx in advance kingveebee

Typical 19L kegs are 610mm x 210mm. Allow a little extra headroom for the disconnects.

Centrex make a cheap cheast freezer that is ideal - holds 4 kegs comfortably & still room over the compressor for extra storage - Sorry, can't remember the model number.

cheers...

Ross

Typical 19L kegs are 610mm x 210mm. Allow a little extra headroom for the disconnects.

Centrex make a cheap cheast freezer that is ideal - holds 4 kegs comfortably & still room over the compressor for extra storage - Sorry, can't remember the model number.

cheers...

Ross

Centrex CTCF 200 about $350

$350. Hmm. I wonder how fast that pays for itself. I currently have an old fridge that says "Made in CCCP".

Where did you find it for $350.

you could look on ebay for one. I have a 150l I can sell to someone. It fits at least 2 19l kegs.
Eric

you could look on ebay for one. I have a 150l I can sell to someone. It fits at least 2 19l kegs.
Eric

eric, im interested in buying a small keg fridge about that size. can you post some photos? also, how much are we talking here? Am in Turramurra, so local pick up could be arranged

I drew up a corny keg to scale in AutoCAD a few weeks ago when trying to design a few party options.
Here is the CAD drawing in the zip file and some jpegs if they help.

Cheers

Bulmershe

cornelious_keg_elevation.jpg

cornelious_keg_plan.jpg

View attachment cornelious_keg.zip

Please be aware that there are actaully two different sized 19 litre kegs.

There are the 220mm wide ones and also a slightly shorter, but wider version. Can't remeber offhand the exact dimensions of it though.

I got caught out when I got my first two. They were the shorter ones and the next two I bought were taller. Luckily my HBS swapped the shorter ones so I can fit six in my freezer.

gary.

There are a lot more than 2 different sizes!

Seriously, there must be at least half a dozen different designs of postmix keg getting around. I wouldn't restrict yourself to the exact millimetre as you will no doubt get more kegs in the future and you may not have total control over their dimensions.

The shortest and widest I've got is the Rheem type (Coca-Cola) with the round screw lid and the chunky rubber base. The base is 240mm diameter and they are 560mm tall.

The tallest and slimmest I've got here is the Spartanberg type (Schweppes) with the black rubber base and handles and oval lid, at 215mm in diameter and 635mm tall.

Somewhere in the middle are a couple of Firestone types - one with stainless handles and base, at 215 diameter and 600 tall, and one with rubber base, and round continuous handles at 220 x 605mm. Both of these have racetrack lids.

This is by no means a complete list, I often see other types of kegs in people's pics that I've never seen before!

Ive got 2 different size kegs.

Screw top kegs 610 X 235mm

Oval top lids 560 X 225mm

Both pin lock fittings.

I went for the lower type as when I had a 200l chest freezer the higher ones wouldnt fit on the compressor hump as they were too tall.

Latest posts

Back