Keg Coupler Arrived Broken

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVENALI

Reaction score
Hi Guys I sold a keg coupler fitted up for line in and out disconects.25 days after I posted it the guy gives me a negative feed back and says it arrived with the handle bracket broken.it didnt start of broken but hey its ebay and I have to make this good,he tells me he welded it up and it is now in service,
the advice I need is has anyone got a complete new handle and bracket for one of these and what are the line disconect fittings worth????
if I refund him his money surely he should send them back or at least pay something for them.I dont know, I want to do the right thing but
he is not claiming the whole thing was wrecked,what do you all think

KEG_COUPLER_BROKEN.jpg

25 days bit long winded for complaining about it.when i get stuff from ebay i check it straight away for defects,and if any issues get in touch with seller.Have you contact Ebay about this problem

I'll guess he has forced it recently and broken the bracket. That won't help you of course, I'll tell him to return it for a full refund.

Batz

Sounds dodgy. If he's fixed it up after breaking it, thats too bad. I would just leave it and ensure you take a video next time showing the device in action. I do this for most of my listings and it tends to get them out the door faster.

It shits me when people jump the gun and leave negative feedback before trying to get it sorted.

I agree with Batz. Tell him to return it and issue the refund when you receive it.

IMO, it sounds like he is shafting you... 25 days later he decides to complain. I'd certainly be noting this in the feedback at least.

Hi Guys I sold a keg coupler fitted up for line in and out disconects.25 days after I posted it the guy gives me a negative feed back and says it arrived with the handle bracket broken.it didnt start of broken but hey its ebay and I have to make this good,he tells me he welded it up and it is now in service,
the advice I need is has anyone got a complete new handle and bracket for one of these and what are the line disconect fittings worth????
if I refund him his money surely he should send them back or at least pay something for them.I dont know, I want to do the right thing but

For future sales, make sure you have a returns policy clearly stated as well. I'd offer a full refund conditional on return of the item and politely suggest the buyer might have let you know immediately before leaving feedback. Under ebay terms you are supposed to attempt to resolve issues before leaving negative feedback.

Sounds dodge on the buyer's behalf but if you didn't have a clear policy, you might have to wear this one.

I wouldn't be issuing him a refund, not 25 days later.
He would of received the coupler, checked it out & as you say, was in perfect working order when it left you.
The goose has somehow forced the handle & broken the bracket & expects you to cover his stupidity.
Why should you give him the money back & be the new owner of your keg coupler that he broke.
Reply to his negative feedback & contact ebay. They might be able to fix his negative comment.

I agree. 25 days is a bit steep to ask for a refund especially as it seems he has broken it himself.

You cant return a ripped shirt that you have mended yourself to a shop, this is no different

If he has already left neg feedback then let ebay sort it out and stick to your guns

Unfortunately, if the guy's already left negative feedback, then the damage is done unless you can convince him to change it. Ebay rarely listens to feedback disputes unless you raise legal proceedings, which can be costly.

Personally I have a complete refund policy clearly stated in all my listings, but it doesn't stop idiots posting negative feedback if something is broken en-route or doesn't match their expectations. Assuming that the guy has spent time welding it back together, he probably won't be up for a refund, but offering it is better than nothing. I wouldn't go to too much more trouble - negative feedback is already there so write it off as the guy just being an idiot and move on.

Guys Thanks for the advice I have taken it all on board and I am just going to let it go,This mf didnt want to have a refund he just wanted to be a prat Ebay tells me They cant help but suggests I bag him back but I,m just going to have a Guinness or three and let it wash over me.Merry Crimble every one and an Exellent New Year.

I'll guess he has forced it recently and broken the bracket. That won't help you of course, I'll tell him to return it for a full refund.

Batz

I would say that it was pretty likely that it broke in use and he is trying to force his loss back onto the seller.

It is well known in the trade that those cheap Chinese copies are very brittle and every HB shop probably gets a couple through their door with broken handles each month.

You get's what you pay for .....

A seven day return on your listing is a good idea.

Guys Thanks for the advice I have taken it all on board and I am just going to let it go,This mf didnt want to have a refund he just wanted to be a prat Ebay tells me They cant help but suggests I bag him back but I,m just going to have a Guinness or three and let it wash over me.Merry Crimble every one and an Exellent New Year.

best to just reply with "refund offered, not accepted"

I wouldn't be issuing him a refund, not 25 days later.
He would of received the coupler, checked it out & as you say, was in perfect working order when it left you.
The goose has somehow forced the handle & broken the bracket & expects you to cover his stupidity.
Why should you give him the money back & be the new owner of your keg coupler that he broke.
Reply to his negative feedback & contact ebay. They might be able to fix his negative comment.

The point about the refund (conditional on return of the item) is that it seems like the buyer has broken it then expects Stevanali to fix it at his expense.

Call the bluff, offer the refund as long as the broken item (allegedly now repaired by the buyer) is returned as opposed to the implicitly expected - 'you fix it and I keep it' attitude offered.

Latest posts

Back