Keg Carbonation Issues Or Is My Memory Not What Is Used To Be ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxd

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Over the last few months my beer (from keg) seems flat (doesn't taste flat, it might have been more noticeable with my simple cider and I may now be in an analysis paralysis phase :) ), I have turned the pressure up to 100 kpa then 120 kpa, it poured quickly but still flat. I thought the pressure being too high was causing the c02 to escape whilst pouring, so I dropped the pressure back to 80, dE-carbed etc.. and and have taken a vid of the pour so you can see what it looks like etc.. and then the glass so you can see it's not as "bubbly" as I think I remember ?

So my Q, does it look flat through the vid, is there anything I could have wrong etc... Or my memory of a "bubbly" beer is way of ?

My Current Details
2.5 mtr beer line (5mm ID)
2 Deg Fridge temp
75 to 80 kpa

Last edited by a moderator:
I am only guessing, the head appeared ok.... my guess is the glass???
My non Headmaster glasses tend to do that.... no problem with the Headmasters.....probably wrong but. SWMBO says I am always wrong...

Matt, I think the beer is too cold or the pressure to low. Adjust one or the other up. Are you using a calculator?

I used the spreadsheet and the numbers apear right for a 2.6ish carbonation

Or how/what it's washed with may have changed recently.

washing hasn't changed, I have swapped font and taps ?

I'll try a pluto and see if there's a diff.

ta

Latest posts

Back