Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugdog1

Reaction score
Hey guys is a ten year old chest freezer worth converting to a Keeper? Supposably works well and only $25

Worth it?

Chest freezers tend to last for years and years.

What sort is it. If its a common make you can always swap your collar to another easy enough if it packs it in.

Thanks guys I'll keep it in mind next time. I missed out by 5 minutes yesterday afternoon. I should of just jumped for that price regardless i guess.

Hopefully the sale falls through and I get it.

I did pick up two kegs for 80 a piece so thats something at least

Was the small size that you would fit 4 kegs in if it had a collar 2 without. Or a great fermenting fridge which I need to

Think carefully before getting one to use to ferment in... lifting fermenters in and out hurts my back just thinking about it!

Just bought a kegerator so will be a while before I buy a tem0 control fridge. Might go for cube fermenter and do it in a bar fridge, hopefully I can pick up a freebie

Totally agree with all the posts.
I would however add that it's worth checking carefully the seals, on either standard fridge or chest freezer.
Frequently on working older fridges, the seals are knackered & can cost around $80 to get fixed. If you do nothing your power cost will go through the roof.
Also: ref. "lifting fermenters in and out hurts my back" - I still don't have a solution for this problem!!!

The seals are a LOT less of an issue with keezers as cool air is denser than warm air so it will have a tedency to stay in the bottom of the keezer. Thats why They make the best keg fridges but as stated in other posts introduce a manual handling nightmare for fermenters.

Also the nature of fermenting also means you are using the refrigeration function far less than with a keezer/kegerator. This means any factor that leads to inefficiency is negated somewhat.

Latest posts

Back