Keezer collar - light cord

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsonAd

Reaction score
So I'm just about to build a keezer with a collar but my freezer has a cord that goes from bottom of the freezer to the lid to supply power to the little light. It looks like it won't be long enough to reach the lid once I add the collar. I don't really want the light so am hoping for advice on the simplest solution to get rid of it. Can I just cut it and tape up with electrical tape?

I guess I could wire a computer fan to it but i really don't think I have the knowhow for that.

Any advice welcome
Photo added for info
20181113_073424.jpg

I'd see if you can disconnect the wires from where they originate. Otherwise you really need to terminate the wires correctly.

So I'm just about to build a keezer with a collar but my freezer has a cord that goes from bottom of the freezer to the lid to supply power to the little light. It looks like it won't be long enough to reach the lid once I add the collar. I don't really want the light so am hoping for advice on the simplest solution to get rid of it. Can I just cut it and tape up with electrical tape?

I guess I could wire a computer fan to it but i really don't think I have the knowhow for that.

Any advice welcome
Photo added for info
View attachment 114092
Easiest way, disconnect the wires from inside of the freezer light pull out the wires and cap it off, or cut the wires and cap off, don't use electrical tape.

When I got mine a few years back I had the same problem IsonAd. I loosened of the cable relief at the bottom and managed to pull a bit more out from the compressor area. Try that?

Thanks razz will give that a go. Not sure my kids would want me stealing their Lego witches hats to put on electrical wire anyway.

When I got mine a few years back I had the same problem IsonAd. I loosened of the cable relief at the bottom and managed to pull a bit more out from the compressor area. Try that?

Good tip I was able to get an extra few CMS that means I can leave it.

Back