Kamado goes tapas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MashBasher

Reaction score
I think I might be a better cook than brewer. And I'm a complete nut for Kamado ceramic BBQ's. I see there are some similar BBQ tragics out there on this forum.

I was inspired to go Kamado by the book 'heat and smoke' from Australia's BBQ guru, Bob Hart. No affiliation, I'd never heard of the bloke until my sister bought it for me one Christmas. It's very good, though I think it might not be all that new.

Over on the Kamado forum, I went into some detail of where the craziness from inhaling too much charcoal can take you- all the way to Spanish tapas BBQ madness.

You can read those beer soaked scribblings here. I now cook most of these things on regular rotation - goes very well with, well, any beer I am capable of making.

I'd enjoy sharing recipes and techniques with any similar Weber/Kamado/crazyTexas side smoking beer guzzlers out there. Who's got a brisket planned?

So many great recipes out there for Kamado cooking man.
I did a massive rack of wagu ribs with the 3 3 3 method.
Best food I've ever eaten. Had some amazing double IPA with it too.

1422265404650.jpg

1422265510373.jpg

Gav80 said:
So many great recipes out there for Kamado cooking man.
I did a massive rack of wagu ribs with the 3 3 3 method.
Best food I've ever eaten. Had some amazing double IPA with it too.

Another believer here, but still feeling my way. Great chooks.

dont hate me cause i dont roll ceramic :

10385369_10153117875666834_3000825020333440566_n.jpg

Seriously though these are a great introductory kamodo, I scored mine second hand off ebay for $300 and it had been used ONCE.

Before that i was a weber fanatic through and through, looks like the old girl might see retirement now as i'm just so in love with the Akorn.

some 5 hour short ribs @ 275f, rubbed with south carolina rub and spritzed with apple juice every hour. best ribs i've ever made by a mile!

10801725_10153125649366834_1959679977824549735_n.jpg

You've not Kamado'd until you've Kamado'd Pulled Pork.

The mere mention of it makes my mouth water uncontrollably

I think I might be a better cook than brewer. And I'm a complete nut for Kamado ceramic BBQ's. I see there are some similar BBQ tragics out there on this forum.

I was inspired to go Kamado by the book 'heat and smoke' from Australia's BBQ guru, Bob Hart. No affiliation, I'd never heard of the bloke until my sister bought it for me one Christmas. It's very good, though I think it might not be all that new.

Over on the Kamado forum, I went into some detail of where the craziness from inhaling too much charcoal can take you- all the way to Spanish tapas BBQ madness.

You can read those beer soaked scribblings here. I now cook most of these things on regular rotation - goes very well with, well, any beer I am capable of making.

I'd enjoy sharing recipes and techniques with any similar Weber/Kamado/crazyTexas side smoking beer guzzlers out there. Who's got a brisket planned?
I have a round Primo Kamado and to date have cooked pulled pork, pork ribs, beef ribs and chook. I want to do a pizza but am still looking for a good recipe. Brisket in the future. Not sure about steaks as I have a Ziggy which does a great job.

dont hate me cause i dont roll ceramic :

10385369_10153117875666834_3000825020333440566_n.jpg

Seriously though these are a great introductory kamodo, I scored mine second hand off ebay for $300 and it had been used ONCE.

Before that i was a weber fanatic through and through, looks like the old girl might see retirement now as i'm just so in love with the Akorn.
Bargain, i need a kamado . One day when im rich maybe

Latest posts

Back