Kamado BBQ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
Bought a Kamado Joe a few weeks ago. My god, I'm 33 years old and never knew what a real BBQ was.
Going to slow cook some marinated sticky beef ribs tomorrow for 6 hours.
Matching it with a nice malty Dunkel that's coming into its prime.
Here's to good times :)

Haha I see what you mean Petey. When you coming over for a BBQ? Have to book it in before I head back?
Ps, just reading mail now :)

I'm thankful - my Grandfather had a Kamado Joe for years, like I remember having meat from it at about 4 years old. Never really got into it until the last 2-3 years myself, in terms of making/smoking myself. Now I aim to try get something on either charcoal or smoke once a week, as well as a few other weekly staples (once a week homemade pasta).

I'd like to try a jerky in one. I have a dehydrator, so I thought even cutting the strips down, smoking them for an hour or so (one big wood addition), then dehydrating for a big smoky jerky - thoughts?

My brother left the country and donated me his Kamado Joe. It's a heavy beast of a thing, but by god does it do some good meat. We make ham every few weeks and I was just doing a simple boiled ham till this came along. Now each week we smoke it for a few hours, along with a pastrami... :icon_drool2:

Kaiser Soze said:
My brother left the country and donated me his Kamado Joe...
LUCKY MAN!!!

I cheaped out and got the Akorn Kamado ($500 bunnings jobbie) It works amazingly but I still wonder whether I should have got the Joe or the BGE.

Loving BBQ nowadays!

Latest posts

Back